48

" Dad, please don't go..."

"Don't leave me here all alone..."

"Dad, I miss you."

"Please come back."

"Dad?".

"DAD!"

A loud cry was now echoing the walls of the bedroom as DanOh jolted up, scared and shaken. It was a nightmare, the one she despised the most, even after this many years it still haunted her.

Taehyung who was sleeping beside her was aware she was sleep talking and mumbling to herself plus she was sweating. He was awake for a while and was the one who shook and woke her up.

"DanOh! What's wrong?!" He asked her while firmly holding her shoulders and making eye to eye contact with her.

DanOh was still shaken up by what she just saw, no words were probably enough to describe the pain and fear she felt at that moment. There was nothing that she didn't fear at the moment, except for the hands which were holding onto her.

The look of panic slowly faded away from her eyes which allowed the tears to be formed into them and as they streamed down her cheeks, she draped her arms around his waist and tightly clasped onto him for that hug.

She was now slowly dissolving into that hug as one arm was wrapped around her shoulder and the other one was lightly stroking her head trying to calm her down.

To DanOh hugging was the most underrated thing ever especially those that are so right that you can hear one's heartbeat for a moment everything feels so calm and safe.

The whimpering from DanOh was still audible to Taehyung's ears which were tearing him apart, a woman who had always been there for him was looking so weak and vulnerable.

Her crying finally stopped her where she stayed in his embrace refusing to look around and face the world, at this moment he felt like the most reliable person to her.

She finally broke the hug and looked into his eyes, all while Taehyung's hands steadily held her head and wiping off her tears.

"I have never seen you like this. Only tell me if you like to otherwise we'll talk about it some other time." He said while smiling softly and holding her cheeks with his warm hands.

"I-I want you to know..." DanOh said shakingly.

"What happened was.....

✨FLASHBACK✨

"Why don't you understand it'll be good for you!?" Father's voice yelled in the living room.

"Why don't you seem to understand that I don't want to do it!?" DanOh who was thirteen at the time said back in response.

Currently, the family was having a heated argument about DanOh 's carrier and as to what she should opt for.

"Look, child whatever we are telling you is for your good, we'll get nothing from it". The mother tried to explain to the teenager but thanks to the early terms symptoms the girl wasn't ready to listen to anything.

"I don't want to be a lawyer, and I'll never be one! Just because you couldn't accomplish your dreams don't give the responsibility to your children." DanOh stood up making her point clear.

As she yelled she felt a tingling sensation of a tight slap on her right cheek and that's when she realized that mother had smacked her. Mother had a furious look on her expression and her nerves were narrowly noticeable as them being stretched.