Twenty-Two - "The End of the World" (short)

[Rio's POV]

I hesitated before knocking on the door in front of me, worried of what the outcome may be...

"It's unlocked, Kitten." I groaned to myself, not wanting to be the one to open the door and possibly initiate conversation. 

I eventually opened the door and slowly entered, keeping my eyes to the floor.

"I didn't say no, love, so you don't have to act like the end of the world is tomorrow," Jasper chuckled as he finished straightening the sheets on the bed.

"You don't understand, it is the end of the world until you say yes," I huffed, crossing my arms below my chest and not making eye contact as much as possible.

"It's a long term commitment, Ko. I'm not sure if you even have the attention span to take care of another pet. Damn, you can barely take care of yourself," Jasper laughed as he made his way over to me to wrap his arms around my waist in a hug.

"It's not just any pet," I continued to be my stubborn self until Jasper eventually sighed. 

"Kitten, you've barely had the puppy we got you and it's Tristan that takes care of it the most. I won't be saying yes to another pet until you can prove to me that you're responsible to take care of two." I didn't want to admit that he was right, so I just stayed silent with a bratty look on my face.

"You sound like a dad," I snickered, basically telling him that he was old.

"You mean 'daddy'?" He grinned, instantly making my face beet red.

"You understand how cringe that was?" I snorted, pushing his arm but he hardly budged from it.

"You blushed, therefore I succeeded," he grinned, giving me a soft kiss on my forehead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A//N:

Hello lovelies, I'm so sorry this chapter is so short but I'll be publishing a longer one today as well so look forward to that!

I just wanted to apologize for not posting when I said I would, a lot has been going on this year and everything has started to catch up on me which has resulted in unnecessary fatigue.

Not to ruin the mood or anything, but a very close loved one passed away at the start of the year and it's something that I will never recover from and it basically destroyed all motivation to write anything. However, I'm starting to understand again why I've loved to write since I was little and my motivation has slowly started to come back. 

This story is so close to my heart and it baffles me to this day how many of you enjoy it. I started writing this story early high school, possibly my sophomore year, and I just turned 20 this year haha so it's been quite a long time. I'm so surprised so many people stick with this story since it barely relates to the description at all and there's pretty much no plot whatsoever but sometimes people just need a pinch of wholesomeness now and then. 

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me and this story all these years. 

I've been wanting to write a story about Seung and him finding his mate too but I'm not sure if it'll get any traction so I'm very hesitant. If that's something you'd enjoy reading, please let me know and I'll definitely start writing it for you guys. 

Also if any of you have any questions about me or the story itself, I can make a Q&A chapter if I get enough questions :) 

Again, thank you so much and I love you all

<3 Your Author