Fifteen - Emily's Crush?

[Rio's POV]

It's been a couple of weeks since we did the, you know. And mark my words I am never doing that again for as long as I live. My everything still hurts. If I ever go in heat, just lock me in a padded cell. I am not going through with that again. Nope, nope, nope.  I talked to Em about all this but of course she was no help, encouraging me to do it again. Which is definitely not gonna happen.

I was on my way to school. The boys had things to do before class so they went on ahead to let me sleep. I was planning on meeting up with Em in front of the school like I usually did, except I was currently in front of the school and there was no sign of Em. I looked around, but still no sign of my loud best friend. I figured that she just slept in like she tends to do sometimes. That's when I felt a large body crash into mine, causing me to fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

"Yo Ko! Guess what! Guess what!" I was surrounded by the familiar sound of Em's voice. Although her body was still on top of me. She was taller than me, so this was a struggle.

"C-could you get off me first?" I struggled, but managed, to choke out. She quickly got off of me and began to bounce around like an idiot, which was what she was.

"Okay so, you won't believe this, ANDREW HYRO JUST TALKED TO ME!" I looked at her with a raised eyebrow as I got up from the hard ground.

"Andrew Hyro? You've never fangirled about him before." I was genuinely confused.

"Well you know how he left to study abroad for a year?" She continued to bounce around with excitement.

"Yeah, why?"

"He's back!"

"And you're excited about this because..?" I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Andrew wasn't the kind of guy that Em would be attracted to. He was often closed in and not talkative, hiding under his usual black hoodie. He was also a Vampire, which normally didn't spark Em's interests since that is the specie which her parents kept bugging her to get together with. 

"Well he ditched that old hoodie of his and then I was suddenly attracted to his face when I saw him. But then he saw me and walked over and was really nice and smiled and-" I put up my hand to silence her real quick so I could process what was going on. 

"So you like him but you've barely even talked to him?" Now both eyebrows were raised. I really didn't want my best friend getting hurt. 

"Everything will be fine, you'll see!" She gave me a quick hug before running off to her first class. I watched her go before I too went in the direction of my first class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Emily's POV]

As I was entering the classroom, I stopped dead in my tracks under the doorway. I was just about to run into someone. "Ah, sorry!" I looked up and it was none other than Andrew Hyro. I couldn't believe it, I thought this only happened in movies and books. But, it was currently happening to me. 

"You okay?" Andrew chuckled, moving to the side so that I could go through first.

"Y-Yeah, thanks." I smiled, unusually quiet as I walked into the classroom. Once I sat down at my usual spot, I put a hand to my cheek and felt the warmth radiating from it. I was blushing like a complete fool. 

Before the class started, he entered the room again. Confirming that he really was part of this class. And of course, one of the only open seats was next to me. I practically prayed that he wouldn't choose the seat next to me, but something inside of me also hoped that he would. I mentally slapped myself as he took the seat that i hoped he wouldn't. I looked over and caught his friendly smile, which I smiled back to. I didn't want to come off as unfriendly after our other encounters. I turned to my friend Abby, just to see her practically drooling over Andrew. 

"Emily you're so lucky!" She whispered to me, hoping that he wouldn't hear, which was practically impossible since he was a Vampire. Abby was a human, though, so she wouldn't fully understand the abilities of Vampires, Werecats, and Werewolves. 

"Why?" I pretended I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Well, you get to sit next to Mr. Hottie over there," she grinned, sending me an obvious wink which made me laugh. I paused when I heard a soft chuckle from behind me, indicating that he can hear everything that we've been saying. I decided to have some fun with this. 

To explain things, basically we can listen into things very easily when we choose to do so. Which means Andrew was listening in on purpose. He could ignore us completely and not be able to hear anything. It's a strange ability, but it comes in handy. 

"I dunno, he's okay I guess. Not really my type." Oh how wrong that was. Andrew was totally my type. He was just about 6'3" with not an obviously good build but he was definitely not scrawny and weak. His eyes were a piercing golden blue, his black hair was slightly wavy and was just barely covering his right eyebrow the way it swept to that side. I had to hide my blush as I thought about him. 

"Well he's definitely mine. Just look at him." I laughed at how she kept trying to secretly steal glances towards him, causing him to hold back his laughter. We all gave our attention to the front of the room when the teacher began to speak. 

"Alright everyone. We're going to start a new project today. It's going to be about the Norse gods you all have been studying for the past few weeks so you're all basically experts now." She then looked towards my direction, "Emily, since Andrew chose to sit next to you, you two will partner up and you'll help him through the project." I mentally slapped myself, again. Why did everything have to turn out this way? Life isn't fair. 

I threw up my best thumbs up, getting an eye roll from both Abby and our teacher. When our teacher was done talking, Abby practically threw herself at me. 

"Dude! This means you'll get alone time with Mr. Hottie!" I quickly shushed her to shut her up, knowing perfectly well Andrew could still be listening.

"You need to keep quiet, he's right there ya know. And anyway, it's just a friendly project, nothing more." She stuck her tongue at me in annoyance, which I did back to her. I then turned around to face Andrew.

"So, want to exchange numbers?" I asked him.

"That would be great." He smiled as we both took out our phones. 

This was going to be one hell of a ride. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A//N

Hello there beautiful people! Here's a new chapter to thank you all for 5K views! I honestly never thought this story could get this far but here we are! I'm so happy and thankful for all of you, you guys are what keep me going! Let me know what you think about Emily and Andrew's relationship and comment what you think may happen! I'm in love with Andrew's design and I might just draw him and add it to the next update (maybe) ! So that's always something to look forward to.

Again, thank you all so much! I love each and every one of you!

- Your Author