Eleven - Sick

I swear I thought I was going to die. I woke up with an awful pain in my stomach and head, I could barely move. I succeeded in opening my eyes, remembering that I was home since I wasn't feeling great and didn't want Tristan or Jasper to catch anything I did. I attempted to flip myself over to find my phone so I could send a quick text to our group chat to let the boys know that I was sick and wasn't going to school. I was surprised to already receive a response from Jasper before I remembered that he was a morning person and wakes up early. Before I drifted back to sleep, I read his text. Jasper was freaking out and was on his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Jasper's POV]

I was in the middle of making myself breakfast as I got a text message. I smiled when I saw that it was from Rio. That's when the concern covered my expression when I read that he was sick. I quickly sent my reply before personally messaging Tristan so that I wasn't bothering Rio's sleep. I finished making breakfast, adding a few of Rio's favorites, before I made my way out of the house. I sent my mom a quick text to let her know that I was skipping school in order to take care of Rio, then headed on my way to his house.

When I arrived, I caught Rio's mother as she was walking out to her car. "Good morning Mrs. White. How's Rio?" I asked her with my usual soft smile.

"Oh, good morning Jasper. Rio's sporting a low fever that appeared out of nowhere. Shouldn't you be heading off to school by now?" I furrowed my eyebrows with worry for Rio before responding.

"I'm here to take care of Rio. I can't just leave him alone when he's suffering." I explained to her, receiving a warm smile from her in return.

"Thank you Jasper. I'm so glad that my kitten has someone like you to rely on." We parted ways with our goodbyes before I made my way into Rio's home, using the spare key his mother gave me. I brought the food that I made into the kitchen, putting it into the fridge for when Rio is ready to eat something. I assumed that Rio's mother already put his medicine in his room for him to easily get to so I immediately went upstairs to check up on him. I found him asleep, Mochi snuggled up against him. I noticed his face was red and his breathing wasn't even. I made my way into the bathroom to grab a wet towel to place on his forehead to help him cool off.

I pulled out my phone to see if Tristan ever messaged me back. He did. He would be here soon after going to the convenience store to get some things for Rio. I shot my head around immediately when I heard soft groaning from behind me. Rio was groggily waking up, almost accidentally pushing Mochi off the bed in the process.

"J-Jasper..? Why-?" He cut himself off because of a sudden urge to sneeze, which he quickly let loose. I walked over until I was beside him before taking one of his hands in mine.

"I couldn't just leave a sick kitten here alone, could I? I would just be fed up with worry all day if I hadn't come to take care of you." I shine a grin so that he wouldn't have to worry so much about me not going to school. As soon as Rio started coughing, I immediately grabbed the glass of water sitting on his bedside table and helped him sit up so he could take a drink. The cold liquid seemed to help a bit for now, which made me relieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Tristan's POV]

I scrambled around the convenience store, trying to find everything I needed before going over to Rio's house to help Jasper. I was worried sick about Rio, so I made sure to be as quick as possible. Once I made sure I had everything I needed, I payed for it all and headed back to my car. The drive to Rio's house felt like it took years as I tried my best not to break any laws as I drove. Once I got to Rio's house, which was just across the street from mine, I got inside using the spare key given to me.

I immediately went upstairs and into Rio's room, finding Jasper there with him. "How is he?" I set the bag of stuff down onto Rio's desk before sitting down on the other side of the bed so that Rio was between them.

"He has a fever. It hasn't gone down since I've been here." I nodded before leaning down to give Rio a peck on the cheek.

"I'm sure he'll feel better after plenty of rest." At least that's what the both of us hoped for. We hated seeing Rio so miserable.

After a few hours, Rio had woken up and was now sitting upright in bed, eating some of the pudding that I got him. He was snuggled up against Jasper, who fell asleep waiting. I was a bit worried that Jasper might catch Rio's cold, but he rarely gets sick so it was unlikely. Once Rio was done with his pudding, I took the empty plastic cup and threw it away. When I returned, Rio gave me a look before patting the empty spot next to him. I chuckled as I went to sit next to him before laying down on the bed. Now Rio was snuggling with us both. I could almost hear a faint purr come from his throat, a bit raspy from being sick.

A soft, "Thank you," from Rio was the last thing I heard as the both of us drifted off to sleep along with Jasper.