Eight - Birthday!

I couldn't believe it. I stared up at the ceiling, still in bed. I just couldn't believe it. It's finally my sixteenth birthday. It would be quite difficult to describe how I am feeling at this exact moment, there were at least ten emotions running through my head.

So much is going to happen today. One event especially is that today, I confirm who my mate is. I had a feeling that it could either be Tristan or Jasper, but it just couldn't be both. It wasn't uncommon for two males or two females to be mates, but for it to be three is just unheard of. And also, for two to be of different species doesn't happen very often either but it is more possible.

It annoyed me though. Both Tristan and Jasper are already sixteen, and neither of them has told me anything about us being mates. I'm sure they just want me to experience finding out on my own like they did, but it still bugged me.

I was excited to play with everyone today, so I finally got up out of bed. I checked my phone to find multiple messages from different people. I planned to have Em and Seung come over to help get everything set up for the small party I decided to throw. I messaged both of them about it as well as responded to their happy birthday texts. At least ten people had messaged me a happy birthday, which made me grin happily.

After responding to all of the texts, I began to pick out my clothes for the day. I chose a simple black T with the GOT7 logo on the front, black jeans, faded white converse, and a light grey flannel. I checked the time, realizing that both Seung and Em were going to arrive soon.

I ran downstairs almost colliding with my mother when I got to the bottom.

"Watch out, Ko! Don't want you breaking something on your big day!" My mom scolded me, holding back laughter as I attempted to regain my balance. I was so excited, I could fall over at any second.

"Mum! Guess who's gonna arrive soon!" I danced around, obviously not listening to a thing she just said.

"Who? Tristan Parkers? Cause that's all I care about." I attempted to glare at her, my grin successfully escaping. Yes, I told my mum about Tristan and Jasper, and that they're coming to my party.

"No! He's coming later. It's Seung, mum! Seung and Em are gonna be here soon!" I was so excited, I almost tripped on Mochi who I guess had found her way inside again.

"Anyway, we need to take Mochi to the vet before she can permanently stay with us." She 100% ignored what I said about Seung, which annoyed me. I tapped my foot against the carpet floor, looking at her with an eyebrow raised. "What? He's not Tristan Parkers, so I am not excited." I seriously have no idea how to deal with this woman I call my mother.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door and immediately shot around and ran towards it, hoping to open it and see Seung and Em behind it. I opened it to reveal a sight. It was Seung, and dang has he changed.

"Ko! I missed you!" Seung immediately grabbed me into a bear hug, squeezing tightly before letting go with a grin. He kept insisting that he wanted our first meeting after he got back to be on my birthday. Em was also grinning, except her grin was a lot creepier than Seung's.

Right, by what I meant about Seung changing is, well, dang. He was officially taller than me, which sucks. Also, his hair was silver and he finally got that undercut that he always wanted. Anyway, he looks great. And wait, are those holes in his ears? He pierced his ears too?! Seung has officially transformed into a full-fledged kpop idol. We'd better keep our eyes on him or else he'll suddenly teleport to Seoul and become a trainee for a new group.

"Seung! It's been so long! When did you dye your hair?" I held back the fifty-or-so questions that I was tempted to blurt out at that exact moment, for his sake as well as for my sanity.

"Not long. Maybe two weeks ago?" He thought for a second before nodding, confirming his speculation. I was surprised at how recent it was. Knowing Seung, he would have dyed it a while ago and this would be his third color.

"So, shows up the great Seung that I've been hearing about for a week straight now. How've you been, kid?" My mom suddenly showed up behind me with an actual welcoming smile for once, hiding the fact that she secretly was wishing that he was Tristan.

"Mrs. White! I've been great, how're you?" Seung paid no mind to the fact that his name has been constantly heard throughout the house for the past week, secretly enjoying his fame.

"I've been just peachy!" Peachy? Really mum? "How has the family been?" Casual conversation she wishes she could have with Tristan. What? It's true.

"Oh, stressed. Which is normal since we just moved back. Everyone's constantly busy unpacking. However, we're all certain that this'll be the last move, we missed this place too much." Seung kept his smile, glad that he was back.

"Alright, alright. We gotta get going before it gets too late!" I quickly grabbed Seung and Em before saying my goodbyes to my mom as we headed on our way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was finally set up. I stood in the middle of the backyard, doing one last check over before guests started arriving. Didn't want anything bad happening during the party. I turned around to see Em setting up the last parts of the light decorations, including changing any lights that went out while in storage that she might have missed. Seung was finishing up putting out the food, stealing a strawberry or two while he had the chance. My uncle was checking the sound, making sure everything was perfect. And my mom, well she was picking out the perfect outfit since she was already finished with her jobs. Me, well no one allowed me to do anything despite my complaints since I was the birthday boy, so I pretended to be the boss and made sure everyone was doing their jobs.

I couldn't wait, I almost jumped as people started coming out to the backyard. I assumed they were let in by my mum. I saw many people, mostly family. They all pooled around me, one by one wishing me a happy birthday and chatting with me for a bit before they went to go look for my parents. I also saw some people from my school, mostly from my group of friends. Seung and Em's families also ended up showing up. However, I have yet to see Tristan and Jasper. Well, that's what I get for expecting that they'd be the first ones to show up. I laughed to myself as I thought of what kind of silly entrance they'd make when they showed up, especially from Jasper.

----------------------------------------

A//N:

Hey guys! Enjoying all the new chapters so far? If you are, then yay! Seeing you guys voting and commenting, and even seeing the views go up makes me so happy! I have a question for you guys! Would you like a story about Seung and him finding his mate? If so, let me know in the comments! Let me know if you want to see something for Emily too! I love writing this story and I'm sure it would be fun for you guys to know more about Rio's best friends too! Comment what you think about it!

Love you guys lots!

-Miya<3