12 | The Big Deal: Part One

DAY 38

DAY 38

Part One

Honey had ultimately decided that she had procrastinated long enough.

Not because she felt as though she had kept Steve waiting, or because she felt pressured into this deal whatsoever - but because the anticipation growing inside of her stomach had reached staggering heights. This keenness only increased after Honey woke up the day after Jeremy's birthday to a clean apartment and a lavender sticky note on the fridge that said "come see me when you're sober and not destroying things."

Steve Rogers, the guy who wasn't the friendliest and had zero patience when it came to anyone, had cleaned up her entire chaotic, drunken mess.

And still wanted to see her again.

So after an entirely too long week of class and closing shifts at the coffee shop, Honey decided to put on one of her favorite, petite dresses with a purple cardigan to match and hop on her bicycle to ride to Steve's apartment. Her dark-colored waves flitting around in the cool, May breeze mimicked the butterflies in her stomach with every moment she grew closer to arriving. Even her hands felt shaky as she gripped onto the handle bars, her knuckles white from squeezing so hard.

The trembling only seemed to grow more obvious once she reached his apartment complex and ascended up towards the floor where he resided on one of the bright, sleek elevators. In an attempt to rid her body of any nervousness, Honey shook her hands lightly, wriggling her arms and her feet around as she shook her head disappointedly at herself.

"Pull yourself together," she mumbled under her breath.

And with that, the elevator doors glided open, forcing Honey to take a deep, shuddery breath as she stepped out into the hallway and made her way to the apartment door with the number nineteen on the outside.

Lifting her unsteady hand to rap her knuckles against the door, she swallowed the forming lump inside of her throat as she listened to the sounds of movement coming from behind the door before it swung open swiftly - revealing a beautiful red-headed woman with full lips and vivid green eyes. At first, Honey was completely stunned by the stranger's appeal and wondered how on Earth someone could even look that pretty, but then the dread clouded her tummy as she remembered that this ravishing model of a woman was inside of Steve's apartment.

Any confidence she thought she had flew entirely out of the window.

Before either of the two could say the first word to the other, Steve's face soon appeared beside of the Greek Goddess, only making Honey's stomach churn uneasily as she examined the gorgeous pair side by side. His blue eyes seemed unfazed by the situation entirely, but rather tense as he shared a look with the red head that Honey didn't recognize.