36 | Making Up For Lost Time

DAY 124

DAY 124

Waking up to Steve Rogers waltzing out of her bathroom with his sweatpants hanging low on his muscular hips seemed like a dream.

Honey propped her bed head on one of her many, fluffy pillows as she watched him in the sunlight that peered through the windows - his hair falling every which way around his face, his toothbrush sticking from his mouth as he stepped out of the bathroom to observe her morning state as well. The sight was new to the both of them, there was an airy, fresh feeling that surrounded the notion.

"Good morning," he mumbled with a faint smile, the foam from his toothpaste glazing his full lips as he spoke.

Ah, the groggy, hot morning voice.

"How did you sleep?" she asked him softly, a smile forming on her own lips as she lifted her head to admire him more, propping her head up on the palm of her hand.

"Hmm," Steve hummed, stepping back into the bathroom to spit out his toothpaste. "Like a baby."

There wasn't much conversation last night, but it was still perfect to Honey. They had taken a shower together, washing each other, taking their time just being close, just like she had wanted. It was the first time the pair didn't feel obligated to do anything sexual, it was merely domesticated, and it was a feeling that Honey could definitely get used to.

But now, as she watched the way his abs flexed as he moved, the lack of intimacy during the past two weeks was taking a toll on her ability to keep it together.

"Come back to bed."

She couldn't hide the twinge of need behind her voice, which must have been immediately recognizable from the way Steve's head popped back out of the bathroom as he gazed over her with his blue eyes. The corner of his lips lifted after a few moments, the familiar smirk blanketing his features just the way she had missed these last two weeks.

"You don't want breakfast?" he questioned with a playful tone.

Honey let her eyes roll slightly, replicating his teasing nature, as she watched him walk over towards the bed where she lay sprawled out. "Sweet," she commented, pushing herself up as she wrapped her arms around his bare torso, batting her lashes at him. "But I'm not hungry for food, mister."

The smirk deepened at her words. "What are you hungry for, then?"

Pursing her lips, Honey shyly ducked her head for a moment as she fought back a grin. "Well, you, obviously."