42 | The Infinity Stones

DAY 147

DAY 147

It had been almost one week since Honey had last seen Steve.

Ever since they had made their emergency trip back home to New York City, he had ultimately disappeared to handle whatever it was that Stark needed him for. He would send little text messages every now and then to check in with her, let her know that everything was okay, but she was still in the shadows - she had no idea what was happening. The pit in her stomach managed to deepen with every day that passed.

The thought of the unknown drove her crazy, even now, as she sat perched on the couch in her living room - she couldn't help but gnaw anxiously at her chapped lips as she stared off aimlessly for the hundredth time.

The reverberation of knocks against her apartment door ripped her away from her black hole of overthinking, her feet moving rather quickly as she hurried to whisk the door open. She had hoped with her entire chest that it would be Steven, coming to reassure her or ease her worried mind, so when her eyes landed on his blue ones - a long, heavy sigh escaped her full lips.

And then she practically choked on the oxygen as it dissipated.

His face was completely shaven, which wasn't entirely shocking as Honey had seen it once before, his jawline exposed freely now. It was a look that accentuated his full lips and large nose, sending butterflies fluttering through her loins as she absorbed how handsome he was. The real kicker was his haircut - gone were the long, messy locks that were usually slicked back, now his blonde hair was cut much shorter, cleaner. It spiked up every which way, nothing to push behind the ears or move out of the face. 

Her heart soared at the sight of him like this. 

With parted lips, she reached up slowly to caress her fingers against his smooth skin, trailing along his chin until eventually they entangled in his new do. It felt peculiar running her hands through his hair now, having nothing much to grab onto, but it still made her smile faintly as she observed just how angelic he really was. 

There were no imperfections to be found - he really was sculpted from the Gods, he had to be.

"Hi," his voice came out in a whisper.

"You're looking very much like Captain America, mister."

Her comment made the corners of his lips curve upwards. "Yeah? Do you like it? It felt like it was time to cut off the extra weight." 

This only reminded Honey that there was no doubt that a lot had most likely happened in the past week, she could sense it inside of his eyes, the guarded look that felt hesitant. He was reluctant to jump straight into the conversation, she could tell by the way he shifted his weight on his feet twice since she had opened the door. There was something on his chest - information, an actual reason for the new look.