46 | The Only Outcome

DAY 158

DAY 158

Honey Daniels had been through her fair share of weird.

Sure - the blip was weird, the fact that aliens even existed on this planet was weird, or the ability to go back in time for colorful, glowing stones was weird

But she hadn't experienced anything quite as bizarre as a radiant, fiery orange circle that appeared in her apartment seconds before a guy emerged from said circle. Mouth agape, eyebrows raised in pure shock, she stared speechlessly at the dark-haired man with prominent grey patches on the side of his head and a crimson-colored cape that came down to his feet. His attire reminded her of something she had seen in a superhero movie, but here it was directly in front of her, as real as could be. 

"Uh, h-hello-"

"You need to come with me," he spoke clearly, his head bowing downwards just slightly as he spoke. 

Her dark eyes flickered between the glowing orb and the man in front of her a few times, blinking rather skeptically as she pursed her full lips. Perhaps he could travel through scary, floating circles, but she was naturally dubious to the matter. 

"And where did you come from, exactly?" she asked in a high-pitched tone, squinting her eyes at him as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. 

The tiniest huff escaped the man's lips as he cocked his head sideways, his blue eyes pleading with her slightly as he swallowed the lump in his throat. "It's Rogers," he insisted firmly, but gently at the same time. "You should come, he's asking for you."

His words made Honey's stomach churn uneasily. 

Glancing towards the ominous orb, her eyes lingered for a moment, her mind wandering what could be waiting for her on the other side. She could see the opposite side faintly, the barren, wasteland that seemed dull and lifeless the longer she observed it. It didn't exactly seem like a place where good things could come from. 

"He's... he's in there?" she asked quietly. 

He nodded swiftly.

"Time is of the essence, I'm afraid."

The oxygen depleted inside of her chest cavity as her eyebrows knitted together tightly. It was as though the mechanics inside of her brain were already working overtime in an attempt to prepare her for what was to come, and by the sounds of it, it couldn't be anything good. The shakes had began to form in her limbs as she forced her head to nod in agreement, signaling that she would comply and follow him back through the circle.