19 | I Spy With My Little Eye

DAY 58

DAY 58

"So, they're having an end of the year party at my dorms next weekend and I was wondering if you would like to come, you know, a-as a friend."

Final exams were finally over.

Which also meant that this year was over, and Parker Jensen wouldn't be seeing Honey in their Journalism class three times a week - hence the likely reason behind his final attempt at trying to hang out with her again before they wouldn't see each other anymore. The way he nervously stuffed his hands into the pocket of his jeans made her feel sympathetic towards him - deep down, she knew that he wanted to try being more than friends, but he would never make that move.

And after her encounter with Steve Rogers the other night, Honey wasn't quite sure that she was up to being anything more than friends with Parker.

"I didn't take you as the party type," Honey teased lightly, sipping at her coffee as they walked side by side on the sidewalk.

"I didn't take you as one either," he chuckled softly, his shoulder brushing against hers just barely. "So I thought you'd be the perfect plus one."

There was nothing evidently wrong with Parker Jensen - inside and out. He was the ideal type of guy, one that likely wouldn't break your heart or do absolutely anything to hurt you, but Honey couldn't make herself look at him in that way even if she tried.

All because of Steven freaking Rogers.

The feeling that pulsed through Honey's veins after the other night was a distinct one, one that scared her more than anything else. It didn't frighten her that Steve was into certain sexual things or that he needed punishment to feel any sort of relief in his own life, but it frightened her that she enjoyed every part of it. Adrenaline coursed through her entire body when it was over, it was the most exciting thing she had experienced, ever.

Did that mean she was fucked, too?

"I suppose I could grace you with my presence at this party."

Parker peeked over at her with a brief moment of relief and elation before composing his facial expression as he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, stopping in front of the building where he resided on campus and turning to face Honey fully. "Ah, see, you took the words right out of my mouth."

Honey flicked her dark waves over her shoulder flippantly as she took another sip of her coffee, peeking up at him over the rim of the coffee cup.

"I'll see you around, Daniels."

"Ditto, Jensen."

She watched as Parker studied her vaguely for a moment before turning to ascend up the brick stairs that led to his dormitory, letting out a small sigh of solace that the conversation was over - not because she didn't want to talk to him, but because she was more focused on confronting the strange man that she noticed had been following her around campus all morning.

The same one who wasn't making it very difficult to see him as he peeked at her from around a nearby tree. A tall, lanky man with a black hoodie and jeans on, as if that was supposed to make him look more inconspicuous. There was no doubt in Honey's mind that this was one of Steve's men that he had tailing her to see what she was up to, it was disappointing that this was something she would notice now because of him.

This was ending today.

As she brushed some hair behind her ear irritably, Honey stomped over towards the strange man without hesitation - watching as his eyebrows shot up immediately as he ducked further behind the tree he was hiding behind. Flicking her coffee cup to the ground that resulted in a messy splash, she gripped her tiny fingers around the collar of the hoodie he was wearing before pushing him backwards against the trunk of the tree.

"Why are you following me?" Honey snapped questioningly, her fuming face just inches away from his surprised one.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb," she rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Your spying skills need some work."

The man's mouth opened partially to speak before snapping closed again, undoubtedly unsure of what to say in this situation. His hands were raised defensively as she continued to push him against the tree, his tongue flicking across his bottom lip a few times to dampen his dry mouth.

"Call him."

"I c-can't just do that-"

"Call him now," Honey demanded with another shove, her knee dangerously close to his groin this time. "I know you probably call him with updates, so call him now. I have an update for him."

The audacity that Captain Asshat had was truly maddening.

Honey almost wanted to stick her tongue out at the man as if to say "ha ha" as he whipped his phone out to dial Steve, but she contained herself as she placed her hands on her hips against the fabric of her yellow, floral dress. Once the line started to ring, he handed the phone over to her without even waiting to see if Rogers was going to answer.

He probably didn't want a knee to his di-

"Walker," Steve's voice greeted on the other end, putting a last name to the face that stared at her rather nervously as she stood with the phone pressed against her ear.

"No, Daniels," she corrected harshly. "The next time you want to spy on me, get your ass out here and do it yourself, Steven."

And with that, she hung up the phone and slammed it against Walker's chest, who timidly took it from her hands as he backed up slowly. Before she could say something she would likely regret, Honey narrowed her brown eyes at the man one last time before turning on her heel and marching confidently away.

Take that, Rogers.