28 | Text Messages and Business Plans

DAY 97

DAY 97

Be ready on Friday by 7 pm.

Wear something pink.

Honey stared down at the lit up text message on her cellphone, butterflies fluttering around inside of her stomach like she was sixteen years old again and her crush was texting her for the first time.

Progress with Steve Rogers had been on a gradual incline during the last few days. It had been very obvious that while he wasn't a changed man, he was trying his best to be more open with her - in every aspect. She knew that he was no where near ready for what her heart probably wanted, but nonetheless, she was grateful that he was trying at all.

Who is this?

Sending the nonchalant reply back, she smiled teasingly as she plopped down on her bed, falling back onto her pillows as her dark waves sprawled across the fabric.

Jerk.

The next text came quickly, sending a rush of butterflies through her stomach as she bit her bottom lip, holding back the widespread grin as she saved Steve's contact in her phone under Captain Asshat. Honey truly couldn't remember the last time she had felt this giddy about something, especially someone texting her, at least not since her younger childhood days.

She couldn't exactly pinpoint whether it was the slowly growing crush she had on Rogers or her anticipation for their next encounter that was making her heart thump against her chest this way.

Very broad, you could be anyone. I know a lot of jerks.

Teasing him.

This could be a for sure way to make their next encounter extra spicy.

Plus, he could use a little teasing after the other day, making her all hot and bothered before he cut it short to attend business.

Hmm.

I guess this means I can't bend you over my couch then.

Since you have other jerks.

The butterflies that were swarming her tummy spiraled into her lower extremities at the thought of Steve Rogers bending her over the back of his couch, or bending her over at all, really. His strive for being softer with her somehow made Honey crave him more. She wanted all the softness that she could possibly get from him.

And all of the not soft, too.

Oh, that jerk.

Hello, Steven.

What is the occasion on Friday?

Honey hadn't even noticed that she had begun to bite the knuckle of her pointer finger as she awaited his response anxiously, flipped over on her sheets with her feet in the air, swinging back and forth like some innocent child.

She wondered if he had a similar reaction to her text messages. Did he catch himself doing something embarrassing the way she did? Did he have the butterflies in his stomach, too?

A business party.

You're my plus one.

There had been a lot of talk about business lately, but she still had no idea what kind of business he was actually speaking of. The more she sat and pondered on the thought, the more she realized just how much she still did not know about Steve Rogers. She didn't know where he worked, if he even worked, or what he supposedly did in his free time.

Honey only knew what he would bring to the surface for her to see.

What kind of business requires me to wear something pink?

Scrambling from the bed, Honey darted towards her walk-in closet and flicked the light on, illuminating the too full view of her clothes and shoes. Sure, she had plenty of pink attire, but for a business party of sorts? What did people even wear to something like that?

She would be freaking out about what to wear for the next three days.

That's my personal preference.

Rummaging through the layers of clothes she had hanging throughout the closet, she nibbled at her bottom lip as she pulled every pink piece of clothing she owned and flung it into a pile in the floor. Picking out the perfect outfit was always a stressful task, leaving her heart-rate at an all time high and her stress through the roof every time.

It was daunting being a girl.

Right. Pink - got it.

Her fingers traced over a silk, pink dress that fell right at her mid-thigh, titling her head sideways as she examined the cute piece, relief filling her veins as she stared at the possible winner for her outfit choice. It was elegant, but sexy at the same time, and perfect for a business event - and not to mention other things.

Perhaps Steve would be possessive over her all night if she wore something like this.

And don't wear panties.

Her heart undoubtedly skipped quite a few beats as she read the message displayed on the screen of her cellphone, unable to hide the excited smile that was appearing on her full lips. The next three days would for sure go by excruciatingly slow now.

Oh. Why? :)

A smiley face?

Honey regretted it the moment she hit send, pressing her palm to her forehead as she mentally kicked herself. A smiley face wasn't cute, nor flirtatious, it was just-

Because they will just get in the way.

What was heaven like?

It was a question she asked herself many times, especially after losing her family to the blip, and she felt close to finding out after reading Steve's response that flickered across the screen. So close that she sat down in the middle of the mess on her closet floor, practically biting her nails in anticipation as she contemplated what to say next.

Yes sir.

She had considered using the term daddy on him once again, but ultimately decided that sir would have to suffice. She would save the controversial word for the moment he would show her exactly why she didn't need to wear any panties.

;)

As she gawked down at the winky face that Rogers had replied with, she didn't feel so embarrassed about her smiley face anymore.