23 | College Party Surprise: Part Two

DAY 72

DAY 72

Part Two

STEVE'S POV

Fucking Parker Jensen.

The bastard practically melted in Honey's hands the moment she kissed him.

Maybe she needed someone like that, someone who molded into putty at her touch, someone who visibly sighed like a mutt in love whenever she kissed them.

Maybe.

But as Steve watched the kiss unfold before him, the way Honey had so effortlessly and confidently pulled Jensen down onto her mouth as if she had been starving for it, all he could see was red. He was completely blinded with it, consumed by it. The crimson liquid in his veins felt as if it were on fire, pulsing through his body with such heat that he wanted to tackle the boy to the ground and let his fist do all of the talking.

But he knew that she would never forgive him for it.

And from where Steve stood, he knew that he was only another fuck up away from pushing Honey away permanently. If he hadn't already just by being at this dumb, college party tonight with the ditzy blonde.

So instead of beating Jensen to a useless pulp like he had wanted to, he took a few long strides over towards the pair and encircled his hand around Honey's arm - pulling her away from the curly-headed boy.

"W-what the-?" her full lips stuttered in confusion as her dark brown eyes stared up at him, the tiny building of anger forming inside of them as it usually did these days. "What are you doing?"

"Saving your boyfriend's face."

"He's not my boyfriend," Honey snapped quickly, almost defensively as she tried to yank her arm from his locked grasp. "And what do you mean saving his face? Do I really suck that bad at kissing-"

Steve mentally rolled his eyes at her obvious innocence towards the situation.

"No, Daniels," he corrected with an aggravated sigh. "Saving it from me beating the living shit out of it."

A slight gasp left her parted lips as he pulled her toward the staircase, wanting to gain distance between her and lover boy as quickly as he could, but his hopes were quickly crushed as Jensen placed a firm hand on Honey's shoulder.

"Honey?" his voice questioned, unsure of what to say in front of Steve no doubt, as his green eyes held Honey's gaze with concern.