1. Dongjak and the Kangs

Please comment and vote★ Constructive criticism is invited! Welcome to the chaos! we start off nice and slow before we accelerate~ 💛

ꔛ‬♡

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 1
"Beginning" Arc
EP: ONE

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

As you sit on the bench on your roof terrace and gaze at the faint little blocks of buildings engulfed in the early-morning haze from above, feel the breeze brush over your cheeks and whisper through your ears, you slowly sip on your half-frozen rice wine and munch on the ice crusts. Oh how therapeutic would it be to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and live your best life in this peaceful, hilly neighbourhood.

Well, that was what Yeosang dreamed of starting his day just like the older adults of Dongjak district, the place where he and his family of four reside, as well as people of neither rich nor poor. What makes its tranquillity remarkable was the fact that it was surrounded by the most metropolitan areas in Seoul: Seocho and Gangnam on its left, and Yongsan that was only separated by the Han river, with the famous Dongjak bridge connecting them.

Did he mention how it was only his imagination to get such leisure even if he had a roof terrace and rice wine? Now he did. Because you see... he couldn't remember the last time he had his me-time, probably in years.

You may be surprised but the reason why he wasn't flirty or thriving for someone who's just a few miles away from his thirties would normally be, was because of a child and two siblings that he had to raise.

Not to brag how each of the family members work hard every day but you could ask their neighbours and they'd answer for sure that they could rarely catch the Kang's gathered together in their house from nine to five.

Despite his child being his sole responsibility after the youngers have set out the wild journey called 'adulting' not too long ago, it was no less of a burden since he still couldn't afford to send his little fledgling to kindergarten - both age-wise and money-wise.

Having the role of a single parent, and an artisan-slash-gig singer as his career, Yeosang's day begins with eyebags and restlessness and ends with voice strains and scarred hands, and the cycle goes on for 365 days per year.

 "Kids! Breakfast is ready! Tyun, can you bring my baby downstairs after you finish dressing her up?"

Yeosang turned his head and shouted to the stairway while his hands busied themselves on transferring the steaming rice to respective bowls from the cooker.

Even though their income was somewhat below par with that of an average middle-class family, nine of ten times did Yeosang manage to provide a full meal every morning. He hated to see his children wolfing down a sandwich, or a triangle kimbap, with a milk box from the convenience store along their way to work or school.

After the table was laid out two bowls per each side and one at the top seat, light stomping along the wooden material sounded from the stairway.

 "Daddy!! Morning!"

Just when Yeosang spun around to place the kimchi stew pot at the middle, a cheery voice and a pair of tiny hands gently, but firmly wrapped around his legs with their owner being no other than his little princess.