5. Hannam and the Chois

Please be advised that this episode contains content that can potentially trigger and/or upset some readers. Read at your own risk.

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 5
"Looming" Arc
EP: ONE

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Yeosang was out of breath. He was struggling, resisting the overwhelming force above him. He emerged... to a surface. He desperately opened his mouth to gasp for air, his eyes were stinging and burning.

"Help... someo- hel- me-"

His breathing did not get any better, only his heart tightened more, as if someone was trying to rip it out from his chest. His feet under the water slowly losing their momentum before going ice cold.

An enormous wave came roaring from behind and pressed him down once again.

Underwater of once what was nothing but pitch-black, he saw a figure in the faint light, eyes closed and slowly falling from the surface without a single movement

"Ka...Kae-chan!"

He tried to reach out to her but his body didn't get closer no matter how hard he swam.

A mass of something passed swiftly in front of him with a ferocious roar and the next thing he saw twisted his stomach. Before him was a white tiger, and Kae... she laid limply in its mouth like a rag doll, blood seeping from her head.

No... No... It can't be.

Once what was frantic heartbeats slumped to zero, he was neither moving nor resting anymore. Strength was replaced by numbness and cold sweat. The tiger's eyes of blue and red were gleaming as if piercing through his pitiful soul, the appalling sight mocking him wordlessly. He was no longer underwater but in a room of black, kneeling as his hands trembled, trying to block the ringing in his ears.

Sirens. Muffled whispers. And amongst of all, the piercing yell that shook him to the core.

"YOU RUINED MY SISTER'S LIFE, KANG."

 "Stop!!!"

Yeosang's eyes flung open. Panting heavily like a fish out of the water, he felt weak, as if someone succumbed all the vigour out of his body. He tilted his head aside and was relieved when he saw his daughter remain asleep peacefully beside him despite his unparalyzed body acting out his nightmare.

Yeosang shakily rose from his bed, trying his best not to wake Jiu beside him. Sweat rained down from his temples and got into his mouth as he stood. He stumbled out of his room with the help of walls and managed to get downstairs where the kitchen was. He grabbed the glass jar on the table and chucked down the transparent liquid sloppily, but it barely helped alleviate the burn inside.