21. Overcast

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 21
"Unveil" Arc
EP: FOUR ‹pt.1›

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

During the wordless staredown with the rusty-haired man before him, Yeosang recognized the feeling of something twisting and tightening in his chest. Yunho would surely diagnose this awfully familiar, suffocating sensation as 'fear', even though Yeosang was strongly against it.

The frail and miserable Yeosang was long gone, buried six feet under. The Yeosang born over that grave was strong enough to face the menace that goes by Nakamoto Yuta, his late brother-in-law.

Once a breath fell from those malicious lips and a sardonic glint fleeted across those piercing eyes, all his senses heightened to arm himself for whatever was to come.

 "I see the only one that has grown up here is my niece," taunted the Japanese man, indirectly pointing out Yeosang's same old attitude towards him.

 "Same goes for you, Nakamoto-san. Still showing up at my places unannounced and uninvited like always," Yeosang smiled.

Yuta took his hands out of his pockets and crossed them in a deliberate manner. With one brow arched, he leaned back to his stance.

 "Not bad. You're finally making progress in counterattack after all these years," he chuckled. "Yet, you still suck at maintaining a poker face."

 "Look, I don't suppose a businessman like you to have nothing better to do than to pick a fight so, cut to the chase."

 "Relax." The Japanese rolled his eyes. "Chiu is not just your child. Just because you and I are not on good terms doesn't mean you can rob me of my right to visit my niece when I miss her."

Yeosang didn't remember the part where this guy ever claimed he wanted to be a good uncle... So why all of a sudden he'd want to act like one?

 Biting back the itch to point it out, Yeosang shrugged. "If my daughter doesn't mind your presence, you're welcome to meet her at any time. I have no say against it."

 "Oh don't mistake it with me asking you for permission, Kang Yeosang. I'm just letting you know before you start being overly protective over Chiu."

 "Just like you're the uncle, I'm the father. I suppose you know what I'm trying to say. Also, we've been over that debate long ago - whether her name should be in Korean or Japanese. Please respect Kae-chan's choice and call her Jiu."

 "Heh! Didn't expect my sister's name to come out of your mouth first." Bitterness evident in his tone, Yuta scoffed. "How ironic for the person guilty for her demise."

Just when Yeosang was about to retaliate, the ringtone from the inside of his pocket interrupted the build-up of hostility between the two of them.

 Yuta gestured. "Go ahead. Take it. I'll go inside first to greet my niece."

ꔛ‬♡

99% of the time, Jongho wasn't the curious type. But for some reason, he just couldn't bring himself to be nonchalantly sitting around or scrolling through Instagram while waiting for the blond man to finish whatever business he had with that seemingly Japanese man. At least he tried being subtle with his observation through the shop windows of the muted conversation transpiring outdoors.