18. Disasters on Tippy Toes

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 18
"Unveil" Arc
EP: ONE

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

{double pair ""..."" : English
single pair of "..." : Korean}

" : Korean}

11:20 a.m.
KQ Uni; library

Amidst the silence where the gentle flipping of pages and the soft gritting of an emery board against a fingernail were the sole white noises, a crisp slap emerging from beside her startled the strawberry blonde.

 ""Damn, girl, the hell was that for?""

Hyewoon, with a reddening imprint of fingers on the cheek, slammed her notebook shut as she pulled two fingertips together into a pinching gesture.

 ""I'm this close to losing it, mate.""

 Felicity narrowed her eyes, ""they're... touching.""

 ""Duh.""

 ""...Cause you're failing in calculus?""

 ""No! I-""

 ""Mate, you never really listen to me."" The shortie blew on the tips of her fingernails.

 ""No, Fliss, it's-""

 ""What did this unnie warned you not to be a smartass and just focus on your major instead of-""

 ""For fucks sake, shut up and let me speak! It's not about maths.""

Felicity put down her nail file and motioned a zipper across her lips that pushed out millimetres for being stared at by students in the hushed hall for their ruckus.

 ""Thank you."" Hyewoon then proceeded, fingers dug in her hair. ""Say, don't you just lo~ve it when *otome main character shit keeps happening to an independent woman?"

{*Jp. lit:"maiden" ; originated from anime virtual dating games where the player is the clichéd mc girl}

 Felicity wiggled her eyebrows before leaning forward. ""Do tell, honey. If 'tis as cringeworthy as a slap across the face, then I'm dying to know.""

. 

. 

. 

The previous evening...

Around 6 o' clock, she came home, basking in the glow of a new job. Before that, she even swung by the grog shop to get a six-pack of Heineken's to live it up a little.

When she showed Ms Blanche, the head seamstress of the boutique, her embroidery skills, the woman had cried something along the lines of "Oh la la, c'est tres magnifique!" and hired her right away. In addition, she even let her work from home with provided tools for being a student. A moment of silence for Hyewoon, a Kang descendant who forgot to remember that dexterity was a built-in feature in her genes and that she could pretty much make use of it for a living.