20. The Brewing Storm

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 20
"Unveil" Arc
EP: THREE

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Running his fingertip across the smoothness of his bottom lip, the harder Beomgyu pinched the plump flesh, the deeper he delved into his doubts as his stare stay moored to a specific area beyond the glass partition.

 "No, it's alright! I'll just get a new one. Thanks for your help anyway. Yes, you too. Have a nice day at work. Goodbye!"

 Look at him go~ talking brightly as if the receptionist could see his 'charming' toothy grin through the handset.

All the way to here, every goddamn syllable Kang Taehyun was chattering about broke through Beomgyu's ears loud and clear, and turned into the perfect fuel for his smouldering suspicions.

Determined not to waste any more of his time, Beomgyu shook his head and passed a command through the intercom.

Not a minute later came a meek knock on the glass door before a platinum blonde head popped in.

 "Teamjang-nim, you called?"

The superior permitted the intern's entrance

The superior permitted the intern's entrance. Though expression indifferent, his gaze looked as if it could cut through the figure of his employee who walked in obediently.

 "Losing one's ID not after a month working here, are we?" Choi Beomgyu gave him a taunting look, his tone devoid of typically sadistic amusement.

 That sharp dipshit! Taehyun halfway failed to hold his nerves together at the realization of his loudness while talking down the line, panic rising within his chest tidally.

 "I'm sorry for being careless!" Taehyun bent over 90° to revive his composure where his face was hidden temporarily. "Actually, I was just going to seek your approval for a renewal."

 A scoff fell through the corner of the superior's lips. "It happens. Why get too worked up on a small matter, right?"

 Thank all holy deities--

 "But did you look for it everywhere?"

 "Pardon?"

Taehyun raised his head, blinking to process the question.

 "Ah, I certainly did. But I couldn't find it at all, sir."

 Beomgyu hummed. "Are you sure? For example, maybe you could've left it at the pub..."

 "If so, then I think it's better to just reissue-"

 "Or, you could've dropped it in the office pantry when you came back, who knows."