9. Arrival

Please pay attention to the continuous shift of locations

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 9
"Looming" Arc
EP: FIVE

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Nighttime
Ward 1 of Dongjak District

 "For crying out loud, no, you're not coming with me. Stay and watch Jiu."

 "Since when did I listen to you? Look, I don't care what your client thinks about me tagging along because I'm not letting you go alone. Taehyun can watch Jiu."

The two pretty best friends (yes, they exist) were conversing on the sofa in the living room, facing sideways from the TV, an ancient heirloom that had a glorious crack at the middle of the screen resulted from the remote that slipped off Hyewoon's clumsy hands while she and Taehyun were fighting over it during one summer evening. [TMI: one of Yeosang's long-term goals include replacing their rusty ol' TV with a brand new one.]

The artisan, who had already closed his shop for the day, was trying to multitask, apparently, by sketching a reference on the small coffee table and talking to the dancer simultaneously after he tucked his daughter into bed early.

Wooyoung was planning to crash at his best friend's place for some days to get away from some personal issues. He rightfully claimed that the Kang's residence was his home away from home and a place to vent his worries.

Their conversation, however, turned into an argument of Yeosang convincing Wooyoung not to come with him to his gig, and his dear loud friend being strongly against it.

Yeosang could not understand what part of his contract deal with the youtube singer was "shady" according to Wooyoung. When he told him about the testing period that would take place at his client's studio, Wooyoung got worked up and insisted that he'd come along, which Yeosang thought was unnecessary for just a half-an-hour recording in a place that would take more or less than 20 minutes to walk from home.

 "You're being too skeptic. I told you, there's no need-"

 "You legit just said that your 'client' came with a mask on, and told you to switch tables when he noticed you were sitting by the window. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't be sus about this."

 "HE, has a youtube channel. So he could be someone famous that we don't know." Yeosang argued, remembering the charming red-haired man who possessed innocent features, and the physique of Heracles.

Yeosang had forgotten the last time he had been active on social media, that is to say, since he had long lost contact with mainstream stuff, he wasn't able to tell if the guy was a celebrity or not. Though, Wooyoung might know if he were in his shoes.

 "Doesn't sound valid to me. I said what I said, I'm coming with you on Saturday to that guy's studio." The latter asserted like he just made the final decision for a serious matter.

 Yeosang admitted his defeat, pinching the area between his eyebrows, "Jeez, why are you more difficult to deal with than a toddler? I'm not a simpleton or a teenager. I don't get why you're obsessed with my safety much."

 "Need I explain myself?" Wooyoung defiantly crossed his arms.

 "Actually, forget i-"

 "No, you listen," the loud male pressed on with many sentence stresses, "the last time I checked, you were hit on by a few of those 'clients' of yours, inappropriately might I add."