23. When It Breaks, It Floods

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 23
"Unveil" Arc
EP: FINAL

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

10:35 a.m., Monday
11th Floor, HYBE building

Stress would be the mere tip of the iceberg to what Beomgyu was feeling right now as he stood near the illuminated screen whilst pinching his eyebrows. His head was nearly steaming from figuring a way to cut through the fuss transpiring in the conference room as if it were an agitated beehive.

 "How could an A-list idol do such an outrageous act?! Being a relationship is already a hassle. But parading his 7-months pregnant girlfriend around... Does he want death threats to be sent his way?!"

 "Sir, should we inform their team to write an apology letter to the fans in Aeon-ssi's stead?"

 "I don't think even a 90° bow at a press would suffice now. He might as well flee the country or find a safe place for his wife-to-be and child! The fans are really going beserk!"

 "Consider it lucky if Eclipse wasn't demanded to be disbanded. The other members are at risk too! We'll have to tighten the rules and security, and that would not go without a protest from them."

The topic had been this for thirty minutes; pointlessly stretching the news and exaggerating the backwash without a solid solution. Albeit Beomgyu not caring to understand how things were in the Kpop industry, his regards of it and the people within were stooping very low.

Good thing Jongho didn't decide to become an idol out of his passion - his brother would not last a day with his nonconforming character and often clumsiness in eluding rumours or the media's eagle eyes.

 What a horde of magpies.

Not having it anymore, Beomgyu struck his palm loud enough against the U-shaped table that every yapping mouth snapped shut.

 "CMO Mr Pyeong." He addressed the startled Chief Marketing Officer. "Can we all come back to this problem later? My team has a dire matter at hand."

Taehyun found himself taking another glance at the vacant chair behind the glass partition. It had roughly been an hour since Beomgyu left for the departmental crisis meeting.

All of their team, except for the clueless Assistant Manager Shin Yuna, was on their toes for his return. The blueheaded Deputy was bouncing on his long legs. Huening kai was chewing on his nails. Even the noisy Section Manager was quietly gripping the roots of his purple highlights in his chair.

The project awaiting its successful debut under their team's vigilant supervision had vanished from all main and backup databases overnight without a trace, and never had such a typhoon blow into the earliest office hours of the week when they all clocked in.

 "Teamjang-nim! Sir! How did the meeting go?"

Taehyun jolted himself awake from his musings as soon as the door swung open to reveal the superior's steely expression. Fast as light, Haechan ran up to him.