14. Forgotten Bracelet

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 14
Doom's Arc
EP: FOUR

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

 ♬ It's dark here... (어두워 이 곳은~)

  Cold and withering... (차갑게 시들하고~)

  Not a single place to lean on in this lonely place... (기댈 곳 하나없는 외로운 이 곳~) ♪

The voice akin to a soothing murmur that perfectly vivified the forlorn lyrics resonated through the speakers.

Yeosang took a glimpse at the fanatic beside him who had his jaw fully dropped to his idol's singing. He believed, by the time, the standards for Wooyoung's ideal type had been raised immeasurably high that they flew out of the stratosphere.

But to Yeosang, the talent of the generation's heartthrob inside the recording booth didn't do the most part in surprising him. It's the emotions conveyed in the song which struck dangerously close to home.

  ♬ Is anyone out there, can you hear it? (들리시나요?)

  Can you hear the sound of my loneliness whispering? (내 읊조리는 고독이 들리시나요?) ♪

How can someone have the sheer knack for writing songs this raw and realistic??

 ♬ Oh please, let me know the answer... (답을 알려줘요~)

  The reason I can't get away from being alone... (나 홀로 남아 벗어날 수 없는 이유~) ♪

Or was it that this man too, had a lot going on in his mind when he looked up at the night sky??

 "Yeosang-ssi?"

 "Sorry. Yes?"

Jolted awake, Yeosang found himself not noticing the mop of cherry red he'd been staring had turned around, or even Wooyoung and San's absence in the studio as a whole. Though, his subconscious might have grasped something along the lines of those two declaring their trip to the minimart downstairs to fetch some refreshments and whatnot.

Not breaking their eye contact, Jongho pointed backwards to his workstation on which, when Yeosang looked over, had colourful bits of audio littered.

 "Can I have your opinion on the arrangement? It sounds a little off."

Dumfounded because it was the first for his opinion to be treated like it mattered in this line of work, Yeosang hesitantly nodded and rose from the lounge.

As the blond approached, Jongho swiveled his chair to play the audio for him to listen.

Awkward with his idle hands as he inclined forward to observe, Yeosang couldn't come up with a better idea than to prop them against the top of the backrest.

Jongho paused the audio and toggled the purple audio block,

 "I was thinking... would it be good if yours and San's parts switch like this?" then dropped it next to the green block where it was labelled 'San-demo-3'.

 Yeosang hummed. "Or..." he motioned to the screen, "if we put yours and San's harmonized bits first, then blend with mine after, it'd sound more... flowy, I think."

 'Flowy'? Really, Yeosang???

The wine-haired man did as the advice, then replayed the whole verse.