16. Son of CEO? Or Son of Satan?

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 16
Doom's Arc
EP: SIX

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Taehyun facepalmed seeing his coworker/friend fall off the chair after bursting out into squeaky laughter and causing a handful of employees from other tables to cast side-eyes at them.

'A good friend will cheer you up when you're pissed, a best friend will piss you off even more...' Now he understood why this saying made so much sense.

Getting back up, still cackling and oblivious of the commotion he had made, Huening Kai elegantly swiped the mirthful tears on the brim of his eyes with his thumb.

 "Gosh, Taehyun, you... - ahahaha - You are done for! - ohoho - Stepping on the foot, my goodness! How could you royally screw things up!"

Then, he toned down after glancing around, though, not because he was ashamed.

 "Was wondering why he suddenly snatched my mentor job, but now - ahaha - it all makes sense!" Kai's hilarity dropped down to a whisper, "he's gonna give you an ass-whopping, mwahaha."

 "No shit, Kamal, thanks for rubbing it in."

Taehyun groaned into his hands as they covered his miserable expession, unaware of the other man pouting at the sudden reference of his middle name.

Kai's long limbs shook violently under the table to show that his amusement was still there despite composing himself for the sake of his stewing best friend. It took him a good minute - and some mouthfuls of his egg tart - to actually stabilize the giddy waves that echoed inside his esophagus before they transformed into a solemn tone.

 "So... when exactly do you plan to get out of his bad books? And how? The classic way? Yeah, I'd recommend that."

Poking around the leftovers on the styrofoam platter with his disposable spoon, Taehyun sighed because he knew exactly what he was supposed to do.

In corporate lingo code, the 'classic' way referred to crushing one's ego and asking their superior for forgiveness with reiterative 90° bows and may or may not, depending on the wrong one did, involve palms-rubbing and/or on the knees. And Taehyun didn't doubt Choi Beomgyu would revel in it if he actually did that. After all, Taehyun was too 'savvy' not to know that.

 "I don't really know, Huening-ah. If he goes on like yesterday, I might have to consider quitting and returning to construction sites."

'Awful' was an subdued adjective to describe what yesterday was like. Two approximate hours were wasted for grinding natural coffee beans, boiling the water and brewing because apparently, Choi "grew tired" of Starbucks.

Also, before you blame Taehyun for being that incapable, the task in question wasn't considered to be done until the nuisance was satisfied. Meaning, the sink in the pantry almost had permanent burn marks of dark brown that morning. And that wasn't even the worst bullshit Taehyun had to put up with.

 A godlike face on freaking Son of Satan, what a waste of creation if you ask me!

Huening Kai snorted at his friend, and blunter words have never been spoken.

 "I bet my plushie Molang that he won't let you go by any means. Look, you better suck it up and get it movin' ASAP before the situation worsens."