22. Prisoned in the Past

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

CHAPTER 22
"Unveil" Arc
EP: FOUR ‹pt. 2›

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Ward 1 of Dongjak District

Two empty bottles of soju and three squeezed cans of Terra littered on the coffee table was deemed to be a strange sight on a quiet Sunday at 10 a.m. What's more bizzare is that in the living room gathered a devastated dancer, a tired single father, and a stewing corporate worker, all sitting cross-legged on the floor.

Wooyoung, who's on his eleventh shot, repeatedly beat his own chest with his fist like a mad gorilla.

 "I can't- hic Godddd how do I make a mo~ve when he- hic react like thaaat"

Yeosang only sighed and kept rubbing his friend's arm, what he'd been doing for the last 40 minutes, with no words of consolation since the man also needed some himself.

Across the coffee table, Taehyun, his little brother with a tolerance of steel to booze, continued to chug can after can while intermittently complaining about his diabolic(?) boss and occasionally throwing tiny punches to the floor. He didn't remember, nor did he even bother, to take the shot glass away from Yeosang unlike past occasions, and Yeosang was thankful for that.

Normally, he wouldn't participate in drinking for 1: it worsened his tremors, and 2: Jiu was still a tad too young yet to witness his miserable drunk self. However, today, after that pain-in-the-ass robbed him of his precious quality time with his daughter, his system deserved some.

Thanks to Nakamoto's venom that worked wonders on Yeosang, it even affected his dreams for two nights. He might as well substitute the haze of liquor for the hours he were deprived of.

Wooyoung, on the other hand, was apparently going through a 'preliminary heartbreak' as how Yeosang would like to name it.

 "Yeosang-ah-ah-ah-ah," Wooyoung whined, shaking the blond's shoulders as if the latter were a creaky rocking chair. "What do you thiiiink... Did I weird him out? Is he- hic Is Sannie... disgusted by me?"

 "I didn't see his exact expression so I can't tell."

 Upon his honest answer, Wooyoung fell into a miserable pout and wailed. "We clicked so well! It was a rare chance! I shouldn't have... blown it... like that..."

With his protruding lips squished sideway against the coffee table, the loud (or should I say 'drunk') male's laments gradually ceased.

 One down. Yeosang sighed and grabbed the throw blanket he prepared for this kind of moment and draped it over his passed out best friend.