27. Vengeance Makes One Blind

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

Chapter 27
'ACTION' Arc
EP: THREE ‹pt.1›

┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

One late evening
19th floor, HYBE Building

Irate and resounding, a slam of the manicured hands against the varnished mahogany surface rippled across the room.

 "This is outrageous!"

Out of four people in the spacious office, the twentysomething man standing far away from the executive's desk with his head lowered shuddered at the thunderous voice, whilst one of two men sitting on the lounge sofa simply raised his brows in amusement. The other, and much older, man looked over to the source of the sound in concern.

 "That old man rode Grandfather's coattail to get to where he is now, yet, he dared to wrong Mom?!"

Observing the livid woman, Vice President Mr Kim shook his head and let out a sigh in reflection of his regret for keeping the information away from her albeit knowing she would found out in one way or another. He thought she would change after all these years. But Alas, it was only wishful thinking. Sookyung still possessed the same glint in her eyes as the time when Mr Choi brought the illegitimate child to his house.

The glint of resentment so strong as if enough to set the world ablaze.

In contrast, the other man on the sofa, nearing his 30's with thin lips that stay upturned even when relaxed as if serving as a pretext of his wickedness, found the situation entertaining.

 "And could you not have told me earlier, you brat!"

The said male didn't even flinch when she snapped at him.

 "Now, come on, I had to confirm my sources first, else you'd burn me for false information," he shrugged.

Sookyung inhaled deeply, curling her finger in to form a fist. As if a flame that went out after using up all oxygen in the area, the managing director sat back down at her desk.

 "Never mind. Let's return to what's important." She intertwined her hands and propped them up on her elbows. "You over there."

At the eerily fast switch up followed by the beckoning, the twentysomething male, who was still in a bowing position, gulped and frantically searched the woman with fearful eyes.

 "Have you done what you are told?"

 "A-absolutely, ma'am!"

 "Did you attract any suspicion?"

 "Not at all. Agent Mark and I made sure not to leave anything behind!"

 Sookyung scoffed, sizing the younger man up. "What if your mannerisms gave away? You look too clumsy for a spy..."