Chapter 24: The Last Chimera

++++++

Scott was cringing in pain as he tried to apply fresh treatment over his wound. The wound on his chest that Theo had given him still hadn't healed. Scott turned to look up at the mirror and saw the weak expression on his face. 

Frustrated, he slams his hands down onto the side of the sink and grips it tightly. He stares at his reflection, his eyes glowing red, expect it wasn't as bright anymore. He glared at them as he tried to make them brighter, but they began to flicker. Not only that, he grits his teeth and saw that his fangs were nowhere in sight. His teeth were flat and normal. After a moment, the glow of his eyes faded entirely. As soon as they did, Scott found himself short of breath. 

Feeling more frustrated at the sight of himself, Scott then went and started shouting, hammering his hands down at the sink, repeatedly, crying out in despair and pain. 

After that little breakdown, he experience, he moved to get to get himself re-dressed. After wrapping the bandage around his chest, he puts on a white t-shirt, followed by a jacket and grabs his bike helmet. He had to get to the hospital. His mom had texted him earlier that Sheriff Stilinski was hurt. 

Scott was heading out of his room when he found everything around him starting to blur. The bike helmet slips from his hand, falling down onto the ground as Scott takes a step forward, only to lean against the wall. He attempts to stay upright but his legs started to crumble beneath him. He tried to keep moving but his grip on the wall slipped and he collapsed right on the floor. Everything seemed to go dark for him after that.

The next thing he knew, he was being shaken awake with someone calling his name.

"Scott, c'mon, wake up."

Scott started to stir and he lifted his head up to see that it was Luna and Parrish.

"What?" he muttered.

Luna breathes out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god. Are you all right?"

Scott moved to try and lift himself up. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Parrish looked down and caught sight of the bloodstain that was on Scott's shirt. "You're bleeding." Scott glances down at his shirt. "It's not that bad." He glances back up, his eyes darting in-between Luna and Parrish. 

"Why are you two here?" 

"He needs our help," Luna tells him. 

"With what?" 

"With her," Parrish says as he and Luna both move out of the way. Scott looks up, mouth slightly open as Lydia stood there, frozen. "I found her out in the woods...her body was freezing. But that wasn't even the worst part. There was a badge near her. A Sheriff's badge."

Luna helps Scott up onto his feet. 

He shakes his head. "No. It's a warning."

++++++

Scott pushes the doors of the ER open as he and Luna runs in, Parrish behind them carrying Lydia.

"Help! Get someone to help me. Quick!" Parrish orders as Scott and Luna run up to a bunch of nurses who had brought out a stretcher for them. Parrish carries Lydia over. "I need help. I've got an 18-year-old female, potentially hypothermic."

Parrish lies Lydia down onto the stretcher while Scott and Luna run past the nurses and toward the elevator. Scott presses the button, the elevator opening it's doors soon after. The two step in and turn, their eyes locked on Parrish. 

He gives them a nod before the door closes. As soon as the doors shut, Scott steps back and leans against the wall for support. Luna looks over. "Scott, maybe you should sit this one out-" Scott shakes his head and pushes himself off the walls. "I'm okay," he tells her as the doors open, the two stepping out.