Chapter 17: Condition Terminal

++++++

As soon as the jeep pulled up in front of the station, Scott, Luna and Theo immediately picked up the heavy scent of blood coming out of the building. Stiles threw himself out of the jeep, leaving the door and engine running. Scott, Luna and Theo followed after him, watching as Deaton had gotten out of his own car, following after them from the clinic.

The four run in and freeze when they see Lydia, bleeding heavily on the ground. Luna runs over and immediately puts pressure on the wound with her hands. Theo joins her and begin to pull out his belt to wrap around and apply pressure to Lydia's wound. He and Luna then moved to help Lydia try and sit up.

Natalie Martin walked in. Her eyes fell on the floor, that was stained with blood before her eyes fell on the group of people standing over the body of her daughter. "No," she cried. "Lydia."

Lydia blinked as she looked up at her mother, who got right to her side, looking at her with shining eyes. Scott looked out in the direction that Ms. Martin had come from and smelled a fresh scent of blood coming from the basement. "Stiles," he called out.

But Stiles didn't seem to hear Scott. His gaze had fallen on Lydia, rather to where there was a deep wound in her side, that was still bleeding and staining the floor and everyone else's hands with her blood.

"Malia," he mumbled. She had left the clinic ahead of them, to go after Tracy. He let himself look around but didn't see any sign of her.

"Tracy," Lydia said in a small voice, teary eyed at him. She had heard him say her name. "She went after her."

Scott looked back when he started hearing the sounds of ambulances approaching. They wouldn't have much time, they had to move fast, so he tried again. "Stiles!" That made Stiles finally break his gaze away to look at him. "Come on," he hissed at him before he ran off. Deaton moved to follow after him.

"Stiles, I'm fine," she tells him softly. "It's okay. She's all right. Go find them." Theo threw in. Stiles sent Lydia one last look before being led towards the basement by his father.

++++++

Lydia was slowly blinking under the lights as she was being wheeled through the hospital hallway on a gurney, with her mother at her side, tightly clutching her hand. Following not too far away were Luna, Malia, Kira and Theo. They were soon stopped and told that they couldn't go any further and had to wait. Stiles came up to them a few moments later.

The five stood in the hallway and soon enough they were joined by Scott and Liam just as Melissa McCall walks over to the pack.

"How bad is it?" Scott asked her.

"Could have been worse," she sighed. "Theo, nice going on that tourniquet. You probably saved her life." "What's going to happen to her?" Scott asks. "She's about to go into surgery. So it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"

"It was the tail," Kira said to her. "Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail, if that makes a difference." Melissa sighed and nodded. "Okay," she said nervously before she took off.

"But it's wasn't just Tracy," Malia pointed out. "There were the others. The guys in the masks."

++++++

Scott and Luna were walking into his house together silently and solemnly. His mother had told all of them that it looked like Lydia's surgery had gone through with no problems and she would make a full recovery. 

As Luna walked in, she looked down at her hands, still stained with Lydia's blood. Scott reached over and grasped them, squeezing them comfortingly before they moved to stare at each other.