Chapter 5: The Benefactor

++++++

Scott had been waiting on pins and needles outside his house as Stiles pulled up in his jeep.  

"What did you tell him?" he quickly asked him. Scott was beyond scared right now.  

"Not much. You hardly told me anything. I told my dad everything I could" Stiles said. "But you didn't tell him about Liam?" Scott pressed. "You barely told me about Liam. What did you do with him anyway?" "He's upstairs." "Doing what?' Scott looked back at him nervously, trying to find the best words to answer that. "Lying down," he finally told him.

Scott took him to the bathroom and opened it to show Liam in the tub. He was bound completely in scotch tape and his mouth was taped shut. At the sight of them, he stared back at them frightened and hysterical. Stiles sighed and rolled his eyes as he went and closed the curtain despite Liam's muffled whimpers. The two of them went over to sit on Scott's bed and just stared ahead, lost in thought.

Scott was scared. He had just bitten a kid. Someone that was younger than he had been when he had been bitten. Now, this kid was likely going to be a werewolf and his life was never going to be the same, and it was all his fault. Not to mention that Araya had given him that warning in Mexico just over a week ago. He didn't know what he was going to do.

Stiles didn't know what he was feeling right now. This wasn't exactly unfamiliar territory. He and Scott had been here before, with Isaac, Erica and Boyd when Derek had bitten them. But the fact that it was Scott who had bitten someone changed things. A lot.

"So, you bit him," Stiles muttered after a bit. "Yeah," Scott breathed out. "And you kidnapped him." "Yeah." "And you brought him here," Stiles said almost scolding. "I panicked," Scott said defensively. Stiles nodded. "This isn't going to end with us burying the pieces of his body in the desert, is it?" 

There was then a loud whimper from the bathroom to show that Liam had just heard that. Stiles rubbed at his face. "As a reminder, this is why I always come up with the plans. Your plans suck." "I know," Scott huffed out. "Which is why I called you. So, what do we do?"

The next thing Liam knew, Scott and Stiles grabbed him from the tub and placed him in a chair in the middle of Scott's bedroom.

"Okay, Liam," Stiles started as he pointed his finger at him to draw his full attention. "We are going to take the tape off your mouth. If you scream, it goes right back on. If you talk quietly it stays off, got it?" Liam narrowed his eyes at him but nodded just the same. "Okay." Stiles then reached for it and quickly yanked it off causing Liam to give a small start. 

"Okay, uh so Liam, I'm sure you have seen a lot of confusing things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Do you understand?" 

Liam shook his head. "Not really." "Good, that's good." Scott narrowed his eyes as he gave Stiles a look. "I don't understand either." And he knew what Stiles was trying to say. Stiles rolled his eyes. "Maybe you should tell him."

Liam started looking frantically between the two of them. "Tell me what? What did you do to me?!" he said settling his eyes on Scott.

Scott braced himself. "Liam, what happened to you. What I did to you, which I had to do in order to save you," he stressed out. "It's...going to change you."

Stiles nodded. "Well, unless it kills you." That made both Scott and Liam give him a look. Stiles shook his head. "Shouldn't have said that." 

That only made both Liam's nerves and fear rise. "What?" Liam gasped out in both fear and confusion. He then bowed his head and his breathing quickened. Scott and Stiles tensed as they heard sniffles starting to escape from him.