Chapter 6: I.E.D.

++++++

When they had detected the scent of blood, they all ran off and found the headless body. Scott quickly told Malia to take Liam back to the house and find Luna, Kira and Lydia. Stiles quickly recognized the body belonging to Demarco Montana. Argent was with them and looked down at the body and found signs of claws at the fingertips. He told Scott that this man was a werewolf and someone had decapitated him with a thermal wire. Stiles quickly brought out his phone and called his father.  

++++++

Lydia was in the art room with Luna and Malia as she was eyeing an empty canvas. She was holding a pencil over the paper but every time she got close to making any kind of mark, she pulled away. 

Luna was drawing random lines in an empty sketchbook she found in the classroom while Malia was staring from Lydia, to the pencil, to the canvas, and back again for a few minutes when she started to get anxious. And bored. Malia tried to move around to see if there was something she could do to make Lydia finally do something when Lydia broke her gaze.

"Please stop hovering," she huffed at her.

Malia shook her head. "I'm not hovering, I'm waiting. Draw something. Write something. We need to know who else is on that list."

Luna took notice of the way that Malia seemed to be bouncing in place. She was nervous. "You mean you need to know if you're on the list."

Malia looked away for a moment before she nodded. "Well, if someone is coming to take my head off, then yeah, I'd like to know."

Luna could understand Malia's concern but she felt that the werecoyote was trying to be falsely hopeful. So far, every member of the pack was on that list. The only two that weren't were Malia and Liam. But that was just the first set of names. 

Lydia's pencil was still hovering over the paper and Malia went to hover her head over her shoulder.

"Can you please just, sit down?" she snapped at her. "You're making me nervous." 

"Sorry." Malia sighed and went over to sit at the nearby table and went for the textbook. She guessed that if she was going to wait there, might as well try and study. She opened the book but froze when her eyes fell on a diagram of a screaming woman. "Lydia?"

Lydia had let the pencil rest on the canvas when Malia spoke up and made her make a slash on the paper. "What?" 

"Maybe we need help. From another banshee." She then showed her the picture. "Uh, do we even know another banshee?" Luna asked.

"Meredith."

"Who's Meredith?" Luna asked. "She's a Banshee at Eichen House." Lydia answered.

They left the art room and Malia was still a little jittery as she and Luna followed after Lydia. "So, do we go to see her now or after school?" she asked.

Lydia sighed. "Eichen House says Meredith can't have visitors without permission from a family member." "That's not going to be easy since her whole family is dead."

"Perfect," Lydia said deflating.

"Okay then. We could go back to the art room." Luna suggested. "Or the music room?" Lydia gave Malia and Luna a look that told them that she was annoyed. "I'm not plucking piano strings for two hours waiting for some supernatural inspiration."

Malia eased a bit. "Fine. What else do banshees do?" 

"You think I know? I can't just turn this on. I'm not like you guys. I don't have claws, or glowing eyes or super senses. I have just voices in my head."