Chapter 12: A Promise to the Dead

++++++

At Coach's class, Lydia, Luna, Kira and Malia were sitting as Coach was going around to hand them the results of their tests. Lydia was staring down at her book but not really reading anything. She was thinking back to everything that had happened a few months ago. Lydia was so consumed by these thoughts that she didn't hear the sound of her name being called.

"Lydia? Lydia?!" Lydia blinked and looked over to see that Malia was calling her and holding up a test paper. "Look, I passed," she said gleefully. 

Lydia zeroed her vision on the paper and her eyes narrowed at the grade on it. "C plus?" Not exactly a grade that Lydia would personally be jumping up in joy about. 

But Malia looked ecstatic. "Yeah. Your notes are great when they're not written in code." 

"Not to mention all the extra studying that Stiles has been helping you do," Kira casually threw in. Luna let out a laugh, "Extra studying my ass. We all know they make out during those 'study' sessions." Malia turned around and punched Luna's arm.

Not bothered by the punch, since it didn't even hurt, Luna still had a smirk on her face. 

Malia turned around when Coach came over and slammed down a more recent test. This one a C minus. "Just one question away from a full letter drop. Careful Malia. Don't start disappointing me," he said to her sternly. 

Malia's grin faded a bit and she gave a solemn nod. Lydia shrugged at her. "At least you passed," she said trying to keep her spirit up. Malia gave a nod but it wasn't as enthused as before. "I'll send you my notes. You can look them over, it'll be okay," she lightly assured her. Malia sighed as she went to look at her recent test over and Lydia moved her gaze up to the board.

Luna noticed that Lydia's gaze seemed to be a little tense. She followed her gaze to the board and saw that there were names on there, with money values next to each, kind of like the Deadpool. She leaned in. "Hey, it's over. The computers are off," she reminded her. "No more assassins, no more murders. No one's dying." 

"Not yet." Lydia could feel that, deep down, that while the computers were off, it was far from over.

++++++

Scott had rushed over to the loft right after school so that he could set up for his date with Luna. He got to the loft and found that Derek was almost about to head out. He had asked Derek if he could use his loft for his date and Derek decided to let him and promised that he and Braeden would be gone to give them all the 'privacy' they needed.

Scott was thinking of fixing up some kind of surprise because he wanted to make their first official date night special. 

++++++

Scott went to pick Luna up and brought her to the loft. It was quiet, and dark. 

Luna turned over at Scott with a bit of confusion on her face "Uh, it doesn't look like Derek is home." Scott was smiling at her. "He's not." 

Luna now smiled back, though it was from nervousness. "Then, why did we stop here first?" Scott grabbed her and brought her deeper inside. "Uh, it's kind of dark in here. Can you turn on the lights?" 

Still with a smile on his face, he turned on the lights and the whole loft was now lit up. Luna let out a gasp as she glanced around. The lights made a bit of a starry effect inside the loft with the dim light of the nearly full moon shining out through the window. Luna's face lit up just as much as the light bulbs from the set up.

Scott noticed her expression but couldn't help but ask anyway. "Did I do okay?" "For our first real date, it's a start," she playfully teased before she leaned in to give him a small kiss.