Chapter 7: Orphaned

++++++

The Coach was shooting the lacrosse team away as many wanted to go and get their things from the locker room but they couldn't enter as it was now a crime scene.

"I'm sorry but you can all get your gear tomorrow," he told them. "If anyone sees Garrett, you are to notify the police immediately. Then tell him that he's off the damn team. Got it?" The team nodded their heads. "Now move out. Let the police do their jobs!" he said to them before they all started to head on out.

Liam was standing off to the side, his gear all taken off, and he was watching as Scott was talking to his father.

"Are you sure that you're feeling okay? If there is any part of you that is feeling sore than you should have the EMT's take a look," Rafael said to Scott in concern. 

But Scott shook his head. "Really dad, I told you, I'm okay. See?" he said lifting his neck out so that his father could have a better look. Rafael saw that there wasn't even any swelling. He then sighed. "I should've been here. I said I would be at the games." 

"Well, this was just a pre-season scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it." "But his dad just shook his head. "But I promised your mom I'd be around more so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. I should've been there." 

Scott could see that his dad was genuinely sad about not being there tonight for him. He gave his father a soft look. "You're here now." 

Just then, Violet was being escorted out of the locker room area, in handcuffs, by Deputy Parrish and the Sheriff. Violet turned around and noticed the name tag on him. The one that read Parrish. She recognized it.

"Jordan Parrish?" she asked him. But the deputy just looked at her with a hard expression on his face. "Deputy Parrish," he told her as he kept moving her forward, passed Scott and his father.

Rafael looked over at the Sheriff who was making his way over to them. He then noticed the evidence bag in the Sheriff's hand. "Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" "Yeah. It's a thermal cut wire." "Parrish, hold up," Rafael called out to the deputy. 

At that, the two of them then moved over to catch up to Parrish and Violet as Scott stayed behind. When he was alone, Liam made his way over to him. Scott then noticed that there was someone else that he hadn't seen since the police kicked her out of the locker room.

"Where's Luna?" he asked him.

"Right here," she said making Scott and Liam turn around. Luna made her way over to them and immediately gave Scott a quick hug before turning to Liam.

"How's your arm? Does it feel any better?" Luna questioned the freshman. A smile tugged on Scott's lips as he watched Luna look Liam over. "My arm feels better." "Good. I'm sorry for breaking it earlier but it was the only way to start the healing process and I felt so bad-" 

Scott placed his hands on Luna's shoulders, "Breathe, Luna." Luna nodded and stopped rambling and turned to look at him. "Sorry about that." Scott chuckled, "It's okay." 

The two smiled but stopped when Liam cleared his throat as they remembered the situation they were in. "Oh, before I forget, Kira took off."

Scott's eyes widened, "What?" "Stiles sent her a copy of the part of the Deadpool that Lydia cracked." said Liam. "Her's mom's on it," Scott realized. "Everyone's on it," Liam told him.

Scott shook his head. "You're not." "Not yet. There's still another third, right?" he asked nervously. 

Scott then moved to listen in on his father and the others and Luna and Liam turned to do the same.