Chapter 1: Surprises in Mexico

~Somewhere in Mexico~

A small red taxi cab passed by where Luna was walking on by with a newspaper in her hand. She briefly looked down at the date and let a small sigh escape from her lips.

This time three weeks ago, she was killed by an Oni along with Allison Argent and Aiden. She should be dead and buried six feet under. Instead, she was somewhere in Mexico, tracking down Derek Hale but she had lost track of the mystery woman and Derek when the car she stole, broke down by the border of Mexico.

After getting the car fix by a mechanic, Luna continued on her quest, searching each town in Mexico for Derek, but so far she had no luck.

Luna took a good look at the small town and she thought it seemed quite nice for a place to settle down since she knew she would never be able to return back to Beacon Hills. Luna looked around once again. There were people smiling, laughing and seemed to be kind and friendly towards one another. 

"This doesn't seem so bad," she mumbled to herself as she started walking through the town. She stopped by a fruit stand and brought an apple. She turned around and bumped into a girl.

"I'm so sorry," Luna exclaimed. "I didn't see you." The girl waved her hand. "It's fine." The girl then looked Luna up and down from her head to her feet. Luna wondered why the girl was staring at her like that. "You know, I'm heading to a party with my friends, you should come." 

"I-I don't know-" "You're new around here right?" the girl asked. Luna nodded. "My name is Teresa." "Luna." Teresa smiled. "Like the moon?" Luna nodded as Teresa let out a small laugh. "I like your name. It's...unique." "Thank you."

It was quiet between the two teenage girls. "So? How about you come to the party with me and meet the people of this town?" 

Luna sighed. She wasn't in the mood to go party with a bunch of strangers. She had to find Derek but how could she when she had no new leads. "Okay," Luna said giving in. "I'll go."

Teresa clapped her hands. "Fantastic!" She then looped her arm through Luna and pulled her off for a street that didn't seem as lively or friendly as the rest of the town. "You won't regret it. The people who owns this place throws the best parties ever." 

Luna looked up at the building as they came upon it and found that the entrance was being watched by two rough looking men. Luna could tell from the smell of gunpowder leaking out of them that they were armed. She made a note that she had to be careful now.

Teresa spoke to the men in Spanish as she held up a card. The door then buzzed open. Teresa and Luna walked on in and found themselves in a dimly lit and empty hallway. Teresa and Luna walked in and the door was shut right behind them. 

"Come on," Teresa tugged Luna forward. "Yeah, this place seems scary right now but wait until you see the other end." Teresa went and opened the door and Luna was hit with a rush of lights and sound. 

There was a loud and lively party in full swing complete with drinks and a DJ. Luna's eyes scanned the room and she found a few security men watching the area. Her eyes went to an upper landing where she saw a man with a walkie talkie looking down right at them. 

Teresa grabbed Luna and went to make their way for the bar. They got to the bar where the bartender greeted Teresa and quickly gave the two of them shots. Luna went for her wallet but Teresa stopped her. "These are on the house! Drink up!"

Luna's eyes widened as she watched how quickly Teresa chugged down the shot. Teresa let out a loud cheer when she slammed her shot glass down on the counter. "Now it's your turn." The bartender said as Teresa nodded her head.