Chapter 14: Creatures of the Night

The town of Beacon Hills was enjoying a steady time of peace. Scott, Stiles, Luna, Lydia, Malia and Kira were able to finish their junior year and Liam his freshman year without any more threats coming for them. When the summer started, that peace seemed to extend and everyone was ready to enjoy their last summer before their senior year started.

++++++

On the road back into town there was a major traffic block. Cars were bumper to bumper and some people were standing outside their cars looking out to try and see how far the holdup was. It was slightly raining as Luna stood on top of her car, holding her phone up into the air. She was trying to call Scott but there was no signal at all. 

Sighing, she moved to jump off the roof and landed firmly on the ground. She straightened up as she noticed a guy standing close by with his phone out too. He then turned around and she saw that it was a handsome looking guy and he smiled at her.

"I'm not getting anything either," he said holding his phone up at her. 

Luna smiled before she got back into her car. She looked over at the clock to see that she was going to be late to the Senior Scribe and threw her head back in frustration. 

Having enough of the traffic jam, she stepped out of the car, only to step back inside when a clap of thunder rang out and the light ran turned into a heavy downpour.

"Seriously?!" she yelled at the roof of her car.

++++++

Scott was at the hospital because he had taken Liam to go see his father. Scott got to the ground floor and moved off to the lobby. He got there and saw Stiles and Malia.

Scott walked over to them as he looked down at his phone to see that there was still no service. "I still can't reach Luna." "Okay, you reminded her about tonight though, right?" asked Stiles. "I think so. She only texted me once this week." 

Stiles gave his best friend a look. Once? How'd you guys leave things when she left for London?" Scott shrugged. "Well, they were good. Yeah, I just said, you know, 'Don't worry about anything, just go and have fun'." "You told her to go have fun?" 

Scott's face fell. "Why? What's wrong with that?" "Nothing. Nothing's wrong with it. Just, I don't know. That can be interpreted a lot of different ways." "Like what?" "Well, like, 'Don't worry, we're not exclusive. Go have fun with other guys.'" Scott shook his head. "No. No way." 

Stiles turned to Malia. "Malia, if you were going away and I told you "Don't worry, go have fun.' What would you think I was talking about?" "Fun like bowling? Or sex with other guys?" 

Stiles then turned to Scott and his eyes widened. "Okay, yeah. Now I'm worried." 

He tried to call Luna again but Stiles pulled him back as a pair of gurneys came through, each carrying a wounded patient. Scott then spotted his mom following after them. "Mom, where's all this coming from?" he asked as she passed them. 

She stopped to look back at him. "A jackknifed tractor-trailer on 115, caused a major pile up." 

"Uh, okay there is only one way back into Beacon Hills from the airport," said Stiles. "115," Scott breathed. Luna was no doubt stuck in that pileup. 

Stiles dropped his head down a bit. "Luna's never going to make it." But Scott shook his head. "I can get her." He then moved for the entrance. "You guys head to the school. Lydia and Kira are probably already there. We'll meet you by midnight." 

"How are you gonna get to her in the middle of a traffic jam?" he called after him. Scott turned to look back at him. "We'll make it. Trust me." He then went out.