Chapter 21: Ouroboros

++++++

Scott was running through the woods as fast as he could, his eyes and ears peeled out for any sign of Liam and Hayden. He ran deep into the woods, trying to find them, he had to. Yet, there was nothing in the woods to be seen or heard. Scott soon found himself at a familiar spot that looked out towards the town. He looked off at the view with a pained look on his face.

Scott started to stressfully yank at the back of his hair. A buck load of emotion began rushing at him all at once and Scott fell to his knees. Liam had put his faith in him and was counting on him. Scott had failed him. He then went and let out a hard howl for his lost beta.

Luna was searching the woods for Liam and Hayden too when suddenly she heard Scott's howl and ran for it. She the came upon Scott, kneeling down and breathing hard. "There's no scent, no tracks...no way to find them." "But, Liam can howl back, right?" she asked. He let his eyes fall back on the lights of the town. "Only if he heard me." 

++++++ 

The doors to the Sheriff's station burst opened as deputies glanced over to see Luna standing there. Her eyes scans the room and she lets out a sigh of relief once she spots Kira. She runs over to the girl and the two hug.

"Kira, thank god you called me," Luna tells her before pulling away. "Tell me everything." So Kira quickly filled Luna in on everything that had happened as Luna did the same to Kira. Needles to say, they both felt emotionally stretched by the end of all of it.

"You don't think that he'll really arrest your dad, do you?" asked Luna, looking towards the Sheriff's office. Kira shook her head morosely. "He has to. My dad basically confessed." "And you don't remember anything?" "Nothing. It was like sleepwalking. Suddenly, I'm just standing out in the middle of the road." 

Luna let out a deep sigh. "Okay, we'll figure it out." "What about Liam and Hayden?" "We're all meeting at Scott's place. We'll come up with something." Her mood then fell more. "I don't want to leave you, but, we've got to find them." 

Kira nodded. "I know." 

"You know what? I'll call Scott now and tell him that I'm staying with you at the station," she said as she goes to take her phone out but Kira stops her. "It's okay. My mom's taking me home anyway. We have to talk to a lawyer. There's nothing anyone can do right now. You should go." 

"Yeah, right," she mumbled. 

Yet before she could begin to leave, Kira asked her a question that made her stop in her tracks. "Luna, you don't think I really wanted to kill her, do you?" Luna stared at her for a moment and shook her head. "No, of course not." Luna moved to give Kira a quick hug before she turned to head on out.

++++++

Luna entered the McCall household and saw that Stiles, Malia and Theo were there, waiting for her. "Where's Scott?" "He's in his room with Lydia and Mason," Stiles told her. Luna muttered out a quick "thank you" before moving for the stairs, heading off to Scott's bedroom.

Scott, Mason and Lydia were in the bedroom, standing off to the side, watching Corey as he was sitting and reading the book. Corey looked up and saw that they were patient but eager.

"Hey," 

Scott turned around and gave Luna a small smile as she stood next to him, keeping her eyes locked on Corey. 

"Sorry," Corey apologized. "I'm still only on chapter two. I'm kind of a slow reader." "Don't worry, it's okay Corey," Mason said. "He's right," Scott said, making them all look over at him. "We don't have time for that anyway." He then stomped his way toward Corey, shifting his claws out in his right hand.