Chapter 11: Monstrous

++++++

It was pouring hard when two young werewolves were running through the parking lot where the school buses were parked. The girl tripped but was quickly grabbed by Brett and helped up to her feet. "Get up, Lori."

"We can't stop!" he said before pushing her. "Run!" The next moment, an arrow went and lodged itself in his back. "Go!" he screamed as he ran after her.

Brett ducked as another arrow zoomed passed. He got to the front of a bus where he was ambushed by a hunter. The man tried to whack at him with his crossbow down on his head when he was stunned. Brett fell to the floor and looked up to reveal his golden eyes. 

The hunter moved to strike at him again but Brett leapt forward and pushed him into the fence before he took off to catch up with his sister Lori. He found that she was running off for the lacrosse field. 

He called after her to stop, as they would be out and exposed, but she kept running. Brett ran after her and the two of them were now in the center of the open field. One by one, the stands lights started turning on, the light exposing them.

Lori then noticed that there were red dots covering them. "Brett! What's happening?!" she cried. 

Brett knew what this meant. He had hoped that they would be able to get some help but it didn't look like it would be coming. He just sighed in defeat. "Close your eyes." He told her before he followed suit.

Lori pulled on her brother's arm as she closed her eyes and stood behind him. They then heard a hard whistle as an arrow went and flew for Brett's heart but a sword came and batted it away. They looked over and saw Kira.

"Run!" she screamed at them.

Brett and Lori quickly ran just as more arrows flew for them. Kira moved to stand in the way and spun her sword as she intercepted them all.

"Which way?" Brett yelled back.

Suddenly a man jumped out from a hidden spot. That surprised the three of them. "That way!" Kira shouted at them. Brett and Lori ran for the way Kira told them too while Kira stood behind them.

She backed up and twirled her sword as more arrows came flying out for them. She quickly intercepted each one with super fast precision, not letting one through. Brett was tugging on his sister's arm as they ran off the field.

"Where are we going?" Lori called out to Kira behind them. "Just run!" she said as she ducked from one last arrow before they got into cover. 

They came to a stop when a man with a crossbow stumbled backwards from out behind a corner. The siblings stiffened and Kira gave a yelp behind them as the man looked over at them. Kira readied her sword but, a second later, the man just collapsed.

"What?" Brett gasped.

A second later, Luna stepped out from that same corner, partially shifted. She quickly jammed her foot down on the assassin's right ankle, breaking it and making him cry out in pain before she locked her blue eyes on the three of them.

"Luna?" Kira cried out.

"I got your message," Luna said as she breathed heavily and surveyed the area for anymore assassins. "Come on, we have to go. My car is in the parking lot. Go!" she yelled at them.

Immediately, the three took off running. Luna bent down to the moaning men and grabbed his shirt. The man looked up and stared up at her with fear in his eyes. He had heard the stories about Luna and feared for his life in this moment.

Luna raised her hand. The man thought she would slashed him with her claws but just the opposite happened. Luna balled her fist up and punched him in the jaw. The man fell to the ground, unconscious.