10. Hijacked

The moment they started driving away, Sofia started sobbing

The moment they started driving away, Sofia started sobbing. She was trying to calm herself down by wiping her tears furiously but it only resulted in her crying harder.

"Shut up!" Paul yelled furiously, his body was tense, his hands were trembling from anger. Things didn't go as he planned. That fucking brother of hers could ruin everything. He might ask questions or even report when she eventually goes missing.

No.

The moment they arrive home he will beat the shit out of that little bitch and then he will force her to call her brother and she will explain to him that she's not interested in keeping in touch. Done.

There's no problem. I have everything in control. Paul assured himself.

But still, Sofia made his life difficult. He wanted to start punishing her for it right here and now but he had to be patient. The police may still want to question her when she's back in the US. He couldn't risk it. But at least he could properly scare her. He felt sick satisfaction at the idea that he can make her tremble.

"You have no fucking idea what your little escapade put me through" He started driving faster and faster. "I will make you pay for it. You will see-"

Sofia did see. Two black cars blocking the road. Paul had to hit the breaks abruptly to not crash into them.

"What the fuck is going on?" He grumped and walked out of the car shutting the door loudly behind himself.

Sofia's eyes widened and her jaw fell on the floor when she saw Alessandro leaving the car. Her brother completely ignored Paul who was now apprehended by two of his employees.

Sofia felt like she can't move, she didn't have to. Alessandro came closer and he opened the door for her. He gently grabbed her hand and guided her out of the vehicle. "Shut him up" he sent the order to the two men who were keeping Paul in place. Suddenly Paul's screams were gone. Sofia realized that he was now gagged by a piece of cloth.

Sofia got scared at the sight of this brutal scene. Her eyes widened, she started trembling and she took a step back. She hit Alessandro with her back and then stopped moving. Paralyzed with fear she was waiting for Alessandro's next move.

He did something surprising. He noted her discomfort and the moment later his dark brown coat was wrapped around her shoulders. "You must be cold, you're shivering" he muttered more to himself than to her. His coat was made of thick, heavy material. It had the scent of a men's cologne. "Follow me" Alessandro instructed. His voice was commanding but also very convincing and Sofia felt compelled to listen.

Sofia let Alessandro lead her to the car. It was a massive, black SUV with two people already sitting in it. One familiar face. Valentino. On the driver's seat.

The moment Sofia got inside the car Valentino was already driving away.

Sofia ended up in the car with a stranger sitting next to her in the backseat while Alessandro was sitting in the front passenger seat next to the young driver.