50. Meaningful conversations

Sofia was nervous about going back to school because everyone already knew that she's Valentino's sister.

And she was right to be nervous. When entered the school all of her classmates who previously ignored her or openly laugher at her gathered around her.

"Listen, we wanted to apologize for laughing and going along with what Cynthia was doing. It wasn't funny" said one of the girls. Her name was Gina.

"Yeah, it was really lame," the other girl said, remorsefully.

Bruno was behind them and Sofia could see how he's rolling his eyes at their classmates' overly nice behavior.

Cynthia was sitting on the bench with her group of minions. Ekhm... friends. She didn't have any intention to join the apologetic crowd. Giada, Gabriele and Riccardo decided against it as well. They knew that what they did couldn't be solved with a simple I'm sorry.

Sofia also noted that Cynthia's clique was incomplete. Sofia found Greta sitting on the other side of the corridor. Completely alone.

"So can you forgive us?" Gina asked after finishing her speech. Sofia couldn't recall what she was saying. She wasn't listening.

"Sure" Sofia agreed easily. She didn't want to be friends with them, she would keep her distance but she had no intention to create more problems.

"Friends?" Gina smiled brightly and reached out with her hand to get a handshake.

"Uh... sure," Sofia said awkwardly. But she wasn't focusing on Gina right now. Greta was preoccupying her mind, the girl's cheeks were puffy and red from crying.

Sofia came closer to her the moment the crowd dispersed. That visibly spooked Greta out so Sofia reacted quickly.

"Hi, I just needed to thank you for telling your friends to stop," Sofia said gently and send her an honest smile to show she has pure intentions.

"They didn't listen to me," Greta said playing with her fingers.

"It's the thought that counts" Sofia assured. Greta nodded but she wasn't smiling. Maybe she wasn't in a mood to talk so Sofia decided not to bother her.

Then the bell ring appeared signalizing the beginning of the first lesson.  Sofia sat down on her traditional spot next to Bruno and she felt relieved because for a moment she wasn't the center of attention.

"So are we still friends?" Bruno whispered into her ear when she sat down next to him.

"What? Why not?" He scared her.

"I mean now that you're famous" he smirked.

"Stop it!" Sofia giggled and the teacher for the first time had to remind Bruno and Sofia that the lesson is ongoing. They smiled at each other and then focused on making notes.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

"It's so cruel" Sofia noted, as she end Bruno was sitting later on in the cafeteria.

She watched how Greta approached Cynthia's table just to find out there's no place for her.

"What's cruel?" Bruno asked while taking a bite of his Caprese salad. 

"Look, Cynthia treats Greta like an air just because she defied them and didn't join the group that was tormenting me," Sofia said, feeling sorry for the girl.