51. It's All Coming Back to Me Now

My normal chapter has around 1k words and this has over 2500 so you can see it as a double update you've been asking about ;)

_____

When Sofia entered her oldest brother office he was sitting at his desk. It was a late evening. His black suit jacket was neatly hung on the leather couch, he was wearing a white shirt with its sleeves rolled up and black pants. Sofia got the impression that he was really tired.

"Where is your essay?" He asked as he looked up, she came empty-handed.

Oh right, an essay. The essay she didn't have.

"Straight to the point, huh?" she made an attempt to sound funny but she just sounded nervous. And a small smile she has made looked like a grimace.

"Right, I don't have all day, where is it?" Alessandro asked calmly.

"I don't have it. Give me something else to do" Sofia ordered. Shit. She meant to ask but it came out as a command. Oops. Alessandro raised his eyebrows.

"Sofia, it might be a good time to let you know that I find your attitude disrespectful," he said in a quiet voice, his dark-brown eyes narrowed.

"I can't write" she blurted out stupidly.

"You may write in English if that's more comfortable for you," he said not seeing the problem.

"No, you don't understand. This punishment is not for me. I can't figure anything out. Just tell me to clean the house or something" she said and it sounded more dismissively than she meant to. She was digging her own grave at this point.

"Sofia you do not decide what punishment you're getting" He used his fountain pen to point the couch. "Sit down and start writing. You will leave this office when you're finished"

"You're kidding" Sofia looked at him with widened eyes. No way.

"I don't. And I don't like to repeat myself so it's the last time I am telling you to sit down" he paused and waited for her to comply with his order "You have school tomorrow so I suggest you to hurry up"

He continued reading his documents. She felt like leaving the room without care for his reaction but pushed this dumb idea away.

The moment her pen touched the paper she said "Someone is blackmailing me over a video"

Sofia couldn't believe she said that. Just like that. It was spontaneous, she wasn't thinking.

"What video?" Alessandro instantly stopped what he was doing.

"Someone filmed me being bullied in a school bathroom. That video shows a group of people dumping their drinks and food on me. My wet shirt is... very see-through. That's why I skipped class that day because I learned she's is going to do it if I tell" Sofia said sadly.

"And why were you in that bathroom?" he asked, it sounded calm but to Sofia, there was something else in that voice. Cold, controlled fury.

"They dragged me there" Sofia shrugged her shoulders.

"Who? I want names everyone involved" He asked instantly.

"Cynthia Denaro, Giada Ferraro, Garbiele and Riccardo Pollini" Sofia named skipping Greta on purpose.

He nodded. "I'm going to have a chat with the headmaster first thing in the morning"

Sofia stood up from the couch and appeared in front of him. She looked at him with pleading in her eyes. "No! You can't go there. If you go there Cynthia will know and she will release the video" Sofia was really scared.