Winchester's-4

"Doctor, there's some men here asking to see you."

You looked up from your clipboard, frowning at the nurse in front of you shifting nervously on her feet. "Who?"

"Um," She looked back at the door, and when you followed her gaze you inhaled sharply. "They said they're federal agents, Dr. L/N. . ."

"That's all right." You smiled at her, hoping to calm her, standing from your desk. "It's okay, just go on back to work, Leanne. Gentlemen, you can come in, and please, shut the door behind you."

In front of you were no federal agents. You sat back down, running a hand over your face as you looked at the brothers in front of you. The tall one, with shaggy hair named Sam, and the shorter, yet still tall, older one named Dean. You couldn't for the life of you remember their last name, or even if they gave you their last name when you last saw them.

Both the men were dressed in nice suits, playing the part of real federal agents, but you wouldn't be fooled like the last time.

"Sam. Dean. What are you all doing back here?"

"Good to see you too, grumpy." Dean mumbled under his breath, making you scowl at him.

"Well," Sam started, glancing over at his brother. "We think that there's another. . . Case, so to speak, in the hospital."

"A case." You repeated, raising your eyebrows. "You mean another ghost? I thought you all said it wouldn't come back."

"Well, yeah, that one wouldn't come back." Dean pointed out. "We didn't say nothing would ever come back."

You scoffed. "And what exactly is here this time? A vampire? A werewolf? The Boogeyman?"

"You sure are a real piece of work, Doctor." Dean chuckled.

Sam elbowed his brother and offered you a smile that you didn't return. "Look, Y/N--"

"Dr. L/N." You corrected.

Dean wrinkled his nose and Sam pursed his lips. "Dr. L/N, we are telling the truth, and no, we don't think anything like that is currently in the hospital."

"That doesn't mean they won't ever be though. 'Cause all that exists. Well, vampires and werewolves for sure, but I don't think we've ever encountered the Boogeyman. Have we hunted the Boogeyman?" Dean turned to his brother.

"Dean, not the time." Sam sighed and you stood from your desk.

"Get on with why you're here boys." You placed your hands flat on the table, leaning forward with nothing short than a 'Go to hell' look on your face.

"We do think there's another ghost." Dean said. "We just were wanting to ask if you had any weird patients, or maybe a pattern of deaths."

"Yeah, sure," You responded sarcastically. "I'm in the cardiology part of the hospital, so they all died from heart attacks in the last week. Don't think that's too suspicious."

"Dr. L/N, I think you know better than that." Sam answered slow, as if to not provoke you.

"Just get the ghost and get out of here."

"Y/N--" Dean started as they stood up. You sent him a glare, but he didn't correct himself. "I'm sorry about what happened last time. We didn't know."

"I know." You closed your eyes, mind wandering back to the first time they were here. Your brother one of the few victims the ghost Sam and Dean stopped, fortunately the last, but Sam and Dean couldn't save him.

"We tried." Sam offered. "We always try to save everyone."

You fell back into your seat, blowing out a sigh. "Tell me about it."

~~~

You grabbed your keys and purse, heading toward your office door. The day seemed to drag by after Sam and Dean were in your office, and you were looking forward to going home and taking a long, hot bath. You pulled open your office door, flipping out the light and leaving you in the dimly lit hallway.

You headed down the hall, pushing the down button and stepping back from the elevator.  While waiting, you heard a loud clang to your right. Slowly, you looked that way, reaching into your pocket and pulling out your pepper spray.

The elevator dinged and before you could make another move, a man rounded the corner, a gun in his hand. You gasped and he turned toward you, a tower of a man compared to your short figure. Without second thinking, you sprayed the man with your pepper spray. 

He yelled out, dropping the gun and grabbing his face. "What the hell was that for?"

You still held the spray up, backing away and when the man dropped his hands you gasped. "Oh my God! Dean, I'm so sorry! I thought you were going to hurt me!"

"Why would I hurt you?" He shouted.

You grabbed his hand, pulling him into the bathroom with you. You tugged him to the sink, turning the water on. "Wash your eyes out."

Dean mocked you under his breath, adding a sarcastic "Yes, Dr. L/N," but did as you said. You stepped away from him, watching quietly. When he finished, he stood, blinking furiously and fanning his face.

"Why are you here so late?" You asked.

"We told you. There's a ghost." He replied in a 'duh' tone.

"Sometimes, you say things that make me want to smack you."

Dean smirked. "Oh?"

"Shut up." You rolled your eyes. "Now you're coming with me."

"Oh, yeah? Where we going? Hopefully back to your place."

You scoffed, yanking open the bathroom door. "As if."

"Dean!"

Dean perked up at the sound of his name and he pushed his way around you, out into the hall where Sam was heading towards the two of you at a steady pace.

"Hey, Sam! You find anything?" Dean questioned as you followed him towards his brother.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows, looking between the two of you and then towards the bathroom door. "Why's your face red?"

"He's stupid." You piped up and Dean turned, mumbling at you to shut up.

"Dean?" Sam questioned slowly. "You two were in the bathroom. . ."

"Oh, no!" You quickly dismissed Sam's insinuation, even as Dean smirked and raised an eyebrow at you, obviously thinking about his previous statement.

"Okay. Okay," Sam could help the chuckle that slipped out of him, noticing the look Dean was giving you. "Dean, can we get on this case? Or do you need time to be able to think with your upstairs brain?"

You grimaced at Sam's statement and Dean chuckled. "Come on Sam, let's just get this over with. Y/N, go on home, we won't destroy the hospital too bad, I'm sure you have things at home waiting on you."

You nodded, thinking of your hot bath you were longing for earlier, before you quickly stopped, realizing the innuendo hidden in Dean's remark.

As the two boys began walking away to settle their "case," Dean glanced over his shoulder, holding his hand to his ear, pinky and thumb out like a phone. He mouthed very obviously,

"Call me."

You raised your eyebrows, biting your lip to keep the smile from your face, doubting this would be the last time you saw these boys.

~~~