Sam-3

I thought I would try a Soulless!Sam, so here you go!

You startled awake as the door of the Impala opened and you tumbled out backwards, landing on your back and looking up to see Dean grinning down at you. You grinned sheepishly. "Fell asleep, didn't I?"

"You did."Dean answered before pulling you up and you brushed yourself off, looking over to Sam as he climbed out of the Impala, moving his hair out of his face. You bit your lip before closing the back door, following after Dean, not wanting to stay with Sam for too long.

You loved Sam, more than you'd loved anyone, but he was starting to make you uncomfortable. He's spend too long looking at you in ways you didn't like before flicking his gaze to another girl. Sam had looked at you for long periods of time before, but now, since he was out of Hell, there was something different in his eyes.

And by something different, you almost felt like there was nothing. He was snappier with Dean and made rude comments under his breath when he thought you couldn't hear him. But of course, you could, and it made you worry more.

"Y/N?" Dean asked, plopping his duffle on the bed as you stood in the doorway, hugging your arms around your stomach. He raised his eyebrows, looking over your head when you felt something brush your shoulderblades. You tensed, quickly moving out of the way, looking behind you in the process to see Sam standing there.

"You okay?" Dean asked and your gaze flicked to him as you took a shakey breath.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." You glanced back to Sam as he strode into the room, wondering why he stood that close to you a second ago. He hadn't want to hug you yesterday and now he was standing flush to your back.

Dean grumbled to himself, digging through his bag for some money. "What do you all want to eat? I'm going to run down to the store."

Your eyes widened. "Um.. Can I come with you?"

Both Sam and Dean looked at you as the words tumbled from your mouth, curiosity evident on their faces. Sam shifted his body weight and tilted his chin a little higher as Dean straighted from slouching over his bag.

"Why?" He asked. "You always stay here with Sam when I go on supply runs.."

"Dean." You squeaked out, trying to not look at Sam to get your point across to Dean. The point went right over his head though.

"Y/N, what's the big deal? I'm sure you and Sam can find something to do, I'm not going to be gone but twenty minutes or so anyways. He's not going to kill you. Sam, I'll just get you a salad and Y/N I'll find you something when I get there." There's where Dean's words began to make you look at Sam who turned his back toward you and Dean, watching out the motel window.

"Dean, please?" You asked quieter this time and he shook his head, kissing your forehead and moved to step around you to the door before you grabbed his outer shirt layer. "Dean-"

"Y/N," He took your hands gently from his shirt, holding them at your sides. "It's going to be okay, I think you and Sam need to talk anyway. You have my number if something goes wrong, but I doubt anything will, okay?"

He slipped out of the motel room before you could say anything else to him and guilt him into letting you go with him. You remembered seeing a small store just a couple miles out and Dean couldn't be gone very long, if he was, even Sam would get worried, or at least you would hope he would.

"I'm going to go on a walk." You mumbled, turning to go out the door when Sam moved to block your path, his hand holding the door knob.

"No, you're not." He said and you looked up at him, your body tensing with anxiety.