Sam-5

Continuation of the blurb in "Sam-4"

~~Four Months Ago~~

You gasped, sitting straight up in your bed. A sheen of sweat coated your skin and gentle pants fell from your lips. Your body was trembling, the fear from your nightmare still coursing steadily through your veins.

You pushed back the blankets, running a hand over your head and swinging your legs over the side of the bed. Your mind has a funny way of making you believe your vivid nightmares.

Which would be nice, if they weren't nightmares.

You stood up, knees almost buckling from how badly your legs were shaking. You stumbled, falling into your dresser and into the floor. You mumbled a string of curses, leaning your back against the dresser as you looked at your knee.

A small pool of blood was forming and you frowned, leaning your head back with a thud. Stupid.

"Y/N?" A voice whispered and you looked up, your door creaking open slowly to let light shine on your sitting figure.

"Hey," You mumbled, heart pulling as the wrong Winchester came to check on you.

Sam slowly stepped into your room, shutting the door with a soft click and turning on the lamp at your bedside. He knelt down in front of you, looking at your knee before standing and going in the bathroom.

You stayed sitting, waiting for him. He returned, placing a damp washcloth to your leg, patting away the blood. You watched quietly as he doctored you. He took away the cloth to place a bandaid on it.

He tossed the washcloth into your hamper, opening his arms to you and you leaned onto your knees, grasping him around his neck for a hug. He wrapped his arms around your waist, slowly standing. One hand slipped under one of your thighs, tugging it around his waist and you wrapped your legs around him. Your mind screamed to stop, that Dean could walk in at any moment, that he could catch you, but you were scared and you were alone.

He carried you slowly to your bed, sitting down, and resting a hand on your hip, the other rubbing your back. "You feel okay?"

"I'm okay." You whispered, tilted your head so your nose touched his neck. Your body loved this, being held when you were scared and worried, your heart loved it, but your mind did not.

After a moment of basking in Sam's comfort, you went to move from his lap, but he held you steady. "Sam. . . Dean could-"

"He's asleep Y/N." He said, almost with pity. "I checked there first."

"Oh." Your heart seemed to fall into your belly at the thought of Dean, who was just next door, not waking up to you fumbling about. But Sam did.

Sam always did.

"Hey, it's okay, I've got you. You can go back to sleep now Y/N." Sam let you get up at his words, sliding into bed and he reached over, tucking the blankets around you in a cocoon of warmth. 

You smiled faintly up at him and he kissed your hairline. "Do you want me to stay with you?"

The question caught you off guard, but then you pondered, looking away from him to do so. Then, slowly, you nodded, not realizing that this would be the night your relationship with your boyfriend's little brother changed.

~~Present Time~~

"We have to tell him." You whispered softly. You were curled into Sam's arms, his embrace holding you tight to his chest while your legs tangled with his.

It had been a month of the two of you sneaking around the bunker after Dean came to from the Mark. Of course, Dean hadn't made any type of move towards you that he missed you, or even that he wanted you. It stung, but you knew you always had Sam, arms open, waiting for you.