Sam-2

"Y/N! Move!" Dean had shouted for you, but not in time. A fire exploded in your abdomen and your world began to slow down. You could just barely register the shapeshifter behind you, cackling at the look on Dean's face as he froze in horror. You dropped to your knees, watching as Dean's face went from mixed emotions of anger, fear, worry, and astonishment looking at you, to nothing with stone cold hate as he looked back to the shifter.

You fell forward, clutching your stomach and coughing, wincing as you did so. You knew splitting up had been a bad idea and now you and Dean didn't even know where Sam was. You stared up at the ceiling, eyes slowly traveling to where Dean collapsed onto the floor, looking up at the shifter as a dribble of blood spilled from his mouth.

The shifter laughed before spinning the blade it'd stolen from you and you barely had time to cry out before it plunged the blade deep into Dean's chest. Dean gasped, his mouth falling open, looking down at the blade protruding from his body before his gaze slowly traveled to yours.

"Sammy's coming," He managed to mumble weakly before his gaze turned dull. You choked on a sob, only looking away from Dean when the shifter fell at heap by your calves, Sam standing over it, breathing heavily.

His hazel eyes shifted back and forth between you and Dean, not knowing who to help first, his brother, or you.  He gave Dean one last look before kneeling next to you and you pushed on his shoulder with the hand that wasn't clutching your stomach.

"Help Dean, please, help him first," You muttered, looking at Dean before back to Sam, continuing to try and push the larger man away. He shook his head at you.

"He's gone Y/N," Tears were brimming Sam's eyes as he spoke to you. He reached out to pull you to his arms.

"Let me help you," He pleaded. "I can't lose both of you, not like this, please Y/N."

You shook your head, closing your eyes. "Help Dean first, he needs it more,"

You could hear Sam about to protest, but when you opened your eyes, you were looking at a white ceiling. Your hair was matted to your forehead and your breathing labored. You sat upright quickly, fumbling with the blankets, the fabric sticking to your sweaty body. The air in your room was humid, sticking feeling and you shuddered.

You took a deep, shakey breath, running a hand through your hair. You staggered to your feet, looking at your stomach and upon not finding a gaping wound, started out of your room and toward the kitchen. You were quiet on the trip there, your sock feet not making much noise and the cool air making you regret having worn shorts and one of Sam's old flannels to bed.

You grabbed a bottle of water, opening it and drinking it with a trembling hand. Once half the bottle was all that remained and you felt a little cooler than when you first arrived, you put your bottle back in the fridge and made your way back toward your room.

You paused outside of Dean's door, barely cracking the door, just enough to see he was okay. And he was, laying on his stomach, one leg out of the blanket and half his face covered by the pillow his arms were wrapped around, light snores drifting towards toward you. You sighed in relief, shutting the door back softly, making sure he didn't wake up.

Next, instead of even going to your room, you crept into Sam's, finding him laying on his side, one hand by his face on the pillow, the other bent, holding the blankets up by the middle of his torso. You bit your lip, hesitating in waking him up. Sam and Dean having a good night's sleep wasn't common and for you to deprive him of that would be kind of bratty on your part. But, you didn't know if you could fall asleep in your own room.

"Sam?" You mumbled lowly, hoping he wouldn't hear you and you would convince yourself to leave him alone so he could sleep.

He stirred despite the softness of your voice, his eyelids fluttering open, finding you standing by the doorway, fiddling with the sleeves of his flannel you wore while alternating your gaze from being on him and being on the floor.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, yawning a little. You shuffled at your place by the door before he gestured for you to sit, and you did, on the edge of the bed as if you were ready to leave the room at any given moment.

"I had a nightmare," You spoke softly and he nodded a little, running a hand through his unruly hair, his hazel eyes still heavy with sleep.

"Do you want to sleep here?" He asked and you nodded your head, a little shamefully. He scooted to the side, pulling back the blankets and you climbed into them, snuggling into his chest as he laid back down too, pulling the blankets over top of you, the warmth of where he had previously been laying enveloping you immediately.

Sam pulled you toward him, your back flush against his chest, his arm draped just over the side of your underarm and tucked across your chest to trace his thumb lightly over your shoulder. Your body relaxed at the comfort of being in Sam's arms, surrounded by his scent, blocking out any memories you had of the nightmare from earlier.

"I'm here Y/N, there's no need to be afraid anymore, I'll protect you from anything out to put you in harms way," He mumbled to the back of your neck, his breath causing you to shiver, tucking your legs back to tangle with his.

"I love you Sam," You whispered softly, closing your eyes, letting sleep over take you before you could hear his reply.

So.. Hey, I've not updated in a million years, so here you go! I actually finished writing this at one thirty in the morning and was going to update it before realizing that there was no picture to go with it and then I had to wait, because I'm on a laptop and my laptop does not like me putting pictures on the internet..

But! Alas, here's an update for all you crazy Supernatural fans.

Up next: Garth or Castiel