Dean - 6

"Sam, you okay?"

Sam, Dean and Bobby all looked up at you as you walked back from the car where you had went to dig out some things you all had forgotten when "moving in." When you rounded the corner, you noticed Sam staring off at a random corner in the room. Knowing he'd been hallucinating Lucifer and was struggling with knowing what was real or not was starting to take a toll on everyone.

Dean turned to his brother, who nodded at you, answering. "I'm fine, I'm okay."

You frowned, sharing a look with Bobby who was sat across from the younger Winchester. Dean turned back to the TV, shifting slightly when you sat on the arm rest he was leaned against, propping his arm up on your thighs.

"Hey, you wanna go grab something to eat Sam?" Dean asked after a moment.

Bobby glanced at Sam and then to you. You looked over at Sam who blinked a couple times, like he couldn't believe Dean was asking.

"I mean, sure." He stood slowly, and Dean leaned forward, swiping his keys off the table and holding them out to you, which you took and passed to Sam. "No one else is coming?"

"I mean, I'm not going anywhere for five days." Dean mocked the doctor on the last part and you gave him a look. He looked away from you quickly, knowing he knew better than to do that in front of you.

"Y/N, you want to go?" Sam asked.

"Unless you want me to, I'm okay Sam." You smiled, squeezing his arm. "Come back in one piece, okay?"

Sam nodded at you, turning and slowly walking to the door.

"Oh, and Sam," Sam turned, looking at his brother. "Pie."

Sam nodded again and was gone. Bobby came into the study not long after that, shaking his head. "That boy."

You sighed and Dean moved his arm from on top of your legs to curled around your waist. "I mean, what are we going to do Bobby?"

"I'm going to get some more information on these leviathans." Bobby stated, gathering his things and putting his keys in his pocket. "Dean, you gonna be okay?"

"What?" Dean looked up at you. "Why are you saying that like Y/N is going to?"

You laughed lightly. "So what if I was, Mr. Winchester? You're a big boy."

Dean frowned and Bobby shook his head. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Remember this is still my house."

"We won't Bobby." You assured, even as Dean was sneaking his hand up the back of your shirt, making you glare at him.

"Uh huh." Bobby responded looking between you and Dean. "Just be done before I get back."

You laughed and Bobby headed out the door, but you could have swore you heard him mumble "idjits" under his breath as he did.

"So, now you're my entertainment, huh?" Dean purred, hand trailing further up your back and you stood up, wagging a finger at him like a bad dog.

"You're hurt, Dean." You scolded. "You're not doing anything but resting."

"I can rest my head between--"

"Dean!"

He reached up, taking your hand in his with a small pout. "At least sit with me. I hate sitting here."

"You have crutches. Why don't you walk around?"

"Can I walk behind you?"

You raised your eyebrows, crossing your arms. "What do you think?"

"Y/N--" Dean whined. "Why are you not like, coddling me? My leg is broke!"

"Aw, you poor baby." You took his face in your hands, squishing his cheeks and making his lips pucker. "My poor boy,"

"Yeah, exactly," Dean mumbled lowly, glancing down at your lips. "You could kiss it better?"

"Kiss your broke leg?" You questioned.

"Kiss wherever you want." He grinned and you dropped your hands.

"You are such a pervert." You smacked him upside the head. "I'm going to clean up in here for Bobby, since we just took over."

"Mhm," Dean hummed. "Does that include a lot of bending and stooping?"

"Dean," You warned and he held up his hands in surrender, chuckling. "Remind me why I picked you?"

"'Cause Sam is moody." Came Dean's quick reply.

You shook your head but couldn't help your smile. He got on your nerves, but you wouldn't rather anyone take his place.

"Before you start cleaning, will you give me a kiss?" Dean asked and you raised a skeptical eyebrow at him. "No funny business, I promise."

"Promise?"

"I might touch your ass, but other than that I promise."

You sighed. "At least you're honest."

You leaned down, pecking his lips quickly and no doubt, when you turned around, Dean smacked your ass.

You shook your head but kept walking, getting to work on organizing some if the papers and books strewn through the room. You then swept and mopped the study and the kitchen. You did up the dishes, and you wiped off all the counters and tables.

Dean sat on the couch, watching you like a hawk. He couldn't keep his eyes off of you. You had taken notice, smiling at him when you caught him, smirking when he looked away and acted like he wasn't looking in the first place.

"Y/N?" Dean questioned as you were pushing in all the kitchen chairs.

"Yeah?" You looked up, leaning your hip against the table. "What's wrong?"

"Will you come sit with me now?" He did his best to do puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

You smiled softly. It wasn't often you saw this side of Dean, and you liked to wallow in it. No one else saw it at all, so the few times he allowed you to see his soft side, you never said no. You walk over his way, and he took your hands, guiding you to sit on his not broken leg, stretching your legs out with his broken one.

Sitting side ways in his lap, he wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his head against your shoulder. You leaned your head against his, wrapping an arm over his shoulders and pulling his snug into you.

Moments like this made you believe that everything would be okay, that everything would work out. And you hoped they did.

~~~