Castiel - 7

You sat down next to Dean, wiggling your way into his side as he chuckled, wrapping a gentle arm around your shoulders.

The two of you were sat on the couch watching TV, Sam off on a jog, leaving only after he made fun of you and Dean for being awake at all this early in the morning (though you argued nine in the morning wasn't early).

Castiel had been gone for a few days, leaving you with the Winchester's in an attempt to protect you. Since staying with them, you had lost your grace and Cas deemed you helpless.

You mostly stayed with Castiel, you being a fallen angel and all, but when Cas decided he needed to take a trip upstairs to figure out what was going on, he left you with Sam and Dean.

You'd been doing that for a while now, some days you'd spend lounging around with Dean, others trying to beat Sam in a card game you'd never heard of, waiting on Castiel's return.

This happened a lot, but you were used to it. At first, you were nervous about being alone with the Winchester's, but you warmed up to them a lot faster than you ever thought you would.

"Sam should be back soon. Did you eat?" Dean looked away from the TV, making you look up at him.

"Yes, I ate." You nodded and Dean raised a skeptical brow.

"Did you eat whatever you found, or did you eat breakfast food?"

You frowned. "I ate pizza from the refrigerator."

Dean chuckled. "Normally, you don't eat pizza for breakfast Y/N."

Your frowned deepened and you looked away. "Being human is a lot harder when you're actually human."

Dean pulled you into his side, squeezing your arm. "Tell me about it. You're getting the hang of it, and besides, Cas has lost his grace and found his way to where he is now. You'll get there."

You looked away from Dean, tears welling in your eyes. "I miss it, Dean. I miss my wings."

Dean sighed. "Hey, it's okay. You never know, we're in a screwed up world, something could happen and you could get them back."

A tear slipped, rolling over your cheek and it didn't much more drop from your chin when a voice spoke.

"Dean, what did you do?"

You and Dean both turned your heads toward each other, looking confused before behind the couch where Castiel stood, glaring daggers at Dean.

Dean's mouth curled. "Cas? What are you talking about?"

You quickly wiped your face, something Castiel quickly noticed, pointing at you. "Y/N is crying. What did you do?"

"Cas! Man, I didn't do anything." Dean pulled his arm from your shoulders, standing up and rounding the couch to Castiel. "What's got your panties in a twist?"

Castiel's nose scrunched. "I don't have panties. And if I did, they would not be twisted, Dean."

Dean shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Man, what did heaven do to you guys up there?"

"Dean didn't do anything, Castiel." You spoke, standing slowly. "I promise."

Castiel focused on you, eyes scanning over you, checking you for any injuries. When he deemed you okay, he faced Dean. "I'm going to speak with Y/N a moment. We will be back."

Dean frowned, glancing between you and Cas before nodding. "Sure, okay. Don't kill each other."

You frowned. "I'd never kill him."

Dean muttered under his breath as Castiel stepped forward and gently took your hand in his, leading the way back to your bedroom. When he ushered you inside and then followed you, the door clicked shut softly and he turned on you. His eyes were narrowed in concern, lips pulled in a small frown.

"Why were you crying?"

You sat down on the edge of your bed, folding your hands in your lap and looking down at them. "I miss being an angel."

Castiel sat down beside you, the bed dipping toward him and causing your shoulder to bump his.

"I miss my wings." Your eyes began to well up again, and you blinked, tilting your head to look at the ceiling in an attempt to stop them from falling. "Being human. . . It's not the way I imagined. There are so many great things, but I am selfish. I envy you for getting to experience them both."

"Oh, Y/N." Castiel sighed. He placed a gentle hand against your knee and you studied the way his fingers curled on your skin. "I missed my wings too. When I was human."

You sat your hand on top of his hesitantly, soft squeezing. "Do you think I'll ever get them back?"

Castiel pursed his lips, looking down at where his skin met your own. "I. . . Don't know. We can hope. There are so many unknowns in this world."

You sighed, looking away. "It was foolish of me. To take them for granted."

"I. . ." Castiel started to speak but didn't continue. Instead, he reached for your face, gently cupping your cheek in his palm. "Y/N, wings or no wings, angel or human, you are a sight to behold. You are glorious, even if you don't feel that way in here." He poked your chest. "Humans are funny like that. You can be loved, but inside you feel dirty, or just. . . Black."

A tear slipped from your eye and Castiel reached up, swiping his thumb across your cheekbone. "You will learn to be human, Y/N. And you'll learn to all the characteristics of being human. It is more valuable than you're yet to realize. Have you ever went outside right before the sun sets?"

You shook your head. "No. . . Dean took me out one night to show me the moon. It was beautiful."

Castiel smiled softly. "Right before the sun sets, it makes the sky change colors. The clouds will turn so many different colors, Y/N. There's nothing like it in Heaven. Some humans relate it to their loved ones. I will show you tonight."

You leaned your head against his shoulder and he kissed your hairline, resting his chin on top of your head.

"I will show you every beautiful thing there is to being human."

You smiled and squeezed his hand in thanks.