ep 12.

Azalea's P.O.V:

As I spin in Ace's chair someone knocks on the door.

"Come in!" I shout in a deep voice though, it sounds like a continuous voice crack.

Max walks in and as he looks up, a smile takes takes over his scared expression.

"Hello Max! What are you doing here?" I question him with a grin.

"Hi Lea! What are you doing here?" he asks me as he walks into the office.

"Umm I don't know, Ace kind of left me for 'business'"

"Wow great guy he is" he mutters under his breath before sitting on the sofa.

"Well, he is pretty great and he does this really funny thing-so basically-"

"Lea?" he interrupts me. Rude.

"Yes?" I answer him in curiousity.

"So I was thinking you and I could maybe go for a picnic some time tomorrow?" A shy smile plays at his lips, and a rosy blush sits at his cheeks.

A picnic?

"Sure, sounds fun!"

"Great! I'll pick you up at 4:00 tomorrow. Just text me your address" he says ruffling his already messy hair, though it's not as perfect as Ace's. He has the most gorgeous, silky, smooth hair-wait why am I comparing?

"So why are you here in the first place?" I inquire interested.

"Yeah! I just wanted to know my results"

"Results for what?"

A test? Is Ace his tutor or something?

"Well to become a soldier for the mob" he looks down at the floor casually before looking at my puzzled expression

A mob?! A mob?!

Like those ones at proposals! You know, dancing and singing. Oh my goodness, everyday I discover something new about this man.

"You're in a mob?!" I query with a grin.

"Yeah, you didnt know?"

"What does she not know?" Ace questions him, walking through the door with a briefcase.

"That we're in a mob" he responds, with the nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

Ace's  eyes threaten to fall from their sockets. His whole becomes as rigid as a rock.

"What the fuck did you just say?" he mutters, his throat dry and a vein popping from his forehead.

"I-I-" Max stutters, his hands trembling in fear.

"I-I- Get out" Ace mocks with creased brows.

He points, his finger at the door.

Max scurries out of the door, his legs quiver uncontrollably as he shuts the door.

"Ace what's wrong?"

"Listen sweetheart, I can explain" he says quickly, pulling me up and holding me in his arms.

"What's there to explain?" I question him my brows furrowed.

"Well we only kill people who deserve to die. We are in the mafia and I did kill a whole bunch of people but that doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. You understand right?"

Kill, Death, him...

What?

"What did you just say?" I utter pushing him away from me.