ep 23.

"What's your name?" I question her, sitting in the bench across from her.

"Lilac"

"Pretty name" I comment. She looks down.

"My name's Ace if your wondering"

She looks up again and studies my face before speaking.

"Cool name"

"Thanks"

I smile, but it's strained.

She nods before playing with her hands.

"Not much of a talker are you?" I question her with a smirk.

"There's not really a reason to speak" she replies, pulling down the hood of her hoodie down to reveal thick and shiny blonde hair.

I sit back when her food comes and pay for her and my meal with a good tip.

"You didn't need to do that" she grumbles taking a bite of her chicken nugget.

"Consider it a token of kindness from me"

She chuckles.

We let a comfortable silence take over, only the sound of the fryers and her delicate chewing to be heard.

"I know who you are" She whispers.

"And who am I?"

"You're the mob boss that everyone is scared of. You run California" she remarks with a smile.

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I've seen you on the news giving millions to charity everyday. You're like the baddest superhero alive"

I chuckle, looking at her smile.

"Thankyou Lilac"

She looks at me briefly before continuing to eat her food.

"So what are doing in this side of the city?"

"I need to find someone"

"A bad guy?"

"No the opposite"

I think of Lea and can't help  ut smile at her beautiful face.

"A lover?"

"Sure"

"Is she pretty?"

"The prettiest"

She rolls her eyes at my love struck expression.

"Funny?"

"Hilarious"

"Then what are you waiting for? Go find her" she retorts in the least enthusiastic way possible.

"I would but there's a dozen helicopters looking for her"

Her head uplifts in a fit of laughter.

"Hmm, it seems like she doesn't want to be found"

"What do you mean?"

"Well she ran away for a reason. Let her have her moment"

"But what if something bad happens to her?"

"She'll come back to you, whether it's in two years or two hours"

She casually places a fry in her mouth.

"What if she never comes back?" I question her my brows furrowed.

"Then it's for the best" she responds with small smile.

"But I love her, I can't lose her"

"And if she loves you she'll come back. Whatever happens, happens"

"I'm going to make a call, it was nice to meet you Lilac"

"You too, hope everything happens for the best"

She smiles.

I wave and rush out of the diner and into my car.

Ringing Jacob, he picks up instantly.

"What's up boss?"

"Cancel everything, let her go"

He pauses.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

I hang up and drive home, I can't go back to headquarters.

After twenty minutes, I arrive home and immediately rush to the bedroom.

I fall onto the bed and close my eyes not wanting to do anything except hope Lea will come back to me.

But as I drift to sleep something pokes me, I groan and open my eyes, lights blinding me.

From under my stomach, I pull a letter out.

It has my name in Lea's handwriting. I eagerly rip it open.

It reads:

Hello Ace,

You must be thinking why on earth I'm writing you a letter when I could text you but I blocked your number so...

Anyways, I just wanted how selfish you are and how you dragged me and my brother into your stupid mob but other than that, you're a good person. And even though I saw you cheat on me with your ex I still care deeply for you and hope you and Brittney will live a magical life together with gorgeous kids and that amazing house that I'll miss so much but not as much as I'll miss you of course.

You were my first everything. First kiss, first boyfriend, first love. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. You picked Brittney over me and I'll come to terms with that. And even though she may be prettier or smarter than me I know my worth and I hope you'll learn from the disgusting things you said to me.

So in conclusion I won't be coming back. I'll never come back. You broke my heart and stomped on it like I meant nothing and it'll take me a long time to forgive you and move on from that traumatic experience you put me through but I know I will. I promise.

So cheers for the best and worst time of my life.

Love you and wish you the best of luck.

Azalea or sweetheart or Lea!

:)

As I finish the letter, tears hit the page.

What have I done?

She was my everything, the reason I truly smiled in the morning and the reason I started to love again.

Lea left me and it was all of my fault. What the fuck am I going to do now? I can't live without that girl. She was mine and I thought our love would last a lifetime and now she's gone forever.

I'm never going to have that angelic, goofy grin or her body laying next to mine.

I never got to say goodbye either.

This is by far the worst days of my life. I lost my heart and my soul and I'm never going to get that back. Why does this have to happen to me? If only I could explain to her what's really going on. And that I love her and this all for her and her brothers protection.

What have I done.