epilogue.

Third person:

She throws his cookie back at him with a pout.

"Acey you can't give Theo cookies before dinner! Do you know how hard Maria worked to make his dinner?!" she exclaims in a shout.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but look at his eyes he convinced me!" he replies with amusement, his wife angry making him even more in love than he already is.

She looks at their African-American son with a small smile, his doe eyes instantly calming her down.

"Just leave" she mutters with a huff.

"What?" he questions, his brows furrowed.

"Take you things and leave" she grumbles, stomping her foot on the marble floor.

"Fine" he mutters, picking her up.

"Acey put me down!" she shouts flailing her arms around.

"I'm taking what's mine. And you're mine love"

 With a long sigh, she gives up and flops in his arms.

"Mommy, Daddy Lila stomped on my stuff!" their five year old, Korean son named Leo screams running into the kitchen.

"Dad my car is broken!" their American teenage daughter Mya shouts throwing her keys on the island table.

"I'm running away!" their Filipino son Myles shouts grabbing Goofy and storming into the kitchen.

"Where's dinner?" questions their other African-American son James.

"Lila is here!" shouts their Chinese daughter with a strut.

"I'm going out!" shouts their other American son Arthur.

Ace puts her down and as they look at the chaos that is their life they can't help but laugh.

"Ok everybody pause!" Ace announces. They freeze.

"Come to dad"

The walk over to him in a line.

"Let's eat dinner as a family" he replies to their complains, patting a chair on their now extended table.

"But dad I have to go out" Arthur groans.

"I know and you will  but quickly eat first"

He nods and they all take a seat at the table.

"Ok the food is served!" Maria declares with a proud smile.

Roast dinner.

Cutlery and 'thankyous' are to be heard as everyone dishes up some of everything, pots being passed around and food already on the floor.

"Uncle Luca is here!" proclaims Luca causing grins to appear on the kid's faces.

"Who wants ice cream-"

He sees the glare on Lea's face.

"After dinner!"

The kid's cheer as he grabs a plate and piles food after food.

"You're greedy" Lea reorts with a grin.

"No, food is fuel Lea. You should know that by now"

He rolls his eyes with immense sass.

He takes a seat and for the next twenty minutes everybody talks, laughs and unitentionally hurts their uncle's feelings.

~

What a perfect life and what an absolute dream these two people have now.

They've grown together in the last ten years finding out new quirks and interests one has. Their love has become a never ending bond and they could never have been happier. With a bunch of crazy adopted kids under their hold and even crazier Luca they truly are joyful and forever grateful for finding each other in such an extraordinary way.

And though Lea was always Off Limits, Ace was a rulebreaker and a rule breaker he'll always be.

After all, rules were meant to be broken.