ep 16.

Azalea's P.O.V:

Me and Ace got home and basically went to sleep for two hours before I got up to get ready.

I wear a beautiful sage green sundress which stops mid thighs with gold jewellery, white trainers and my hair in a high pony with two strands dangling at the sides of my face.

"Acey!" I shout from the bathroom.

"Yes sweetheart?" he questions me in reply, his deep voice husky from sleep.

"I'm going to show my outfit and you need to rate out of ten for me ok?" I waiting for his reply.

"Yes sweetheart, come out"

I stutters put like a model, one foot in front of the other and hips swivelling.

He drinks in my body luke he hasn't had a sip of water for days, his eyes wandering slowly, seductively at my legs then right up to my hair. His eyes darkening as he looks at my lip glossed lips.

"So what's your opinion judge?"

I smile at him.

"Ten out of ten, if I could, I would rate you an even higher number"

He stands, only his black boxers on and as usual, places his big, veiny hands at my waist. His touch creates a whirlpool of butterflies in my tummy.

"You look so beautiful sweetheart. Green eyes is so lucky to even look at you" he mutters, pulling me in for a hug, his deep woody cologne untensing every muscle in my body instantly.

I wrap my arms around him, my legs dangling off the floor.

To be more comfortable I push myself up and wrap my legs around his torso, causing his arms to tighten around me.

I put my head at the crook of his neck, whilst he kisses my cheek.

"You're like a big teddy bear" I whisper with a small chuckle.

He looks at me almost flustered.

"A big fluffy bear, I just want to squeeze"

"Wow that's a new compliment I've never received before"

He lifts his head off of me. I look at him.

"Well as the main characters in every book say I'm not like the others" I voice, my nose scrunching at how cringey that sounds.

"You're not wrong. You're far more normal" he mutters softly.

"In a good way?"

"The best way" he whispers leaning in, his breath at mine. Millimetres from kissing.

Again.

I almost lean in but a phone call interrupts my next movement.

That would've been dangerous. Crossing every boundary I set in place.

"It must be Max" I suggest knowingly. He groans dramatically and puts me down.

I quickly answer.

"Hi Max!" I exclaim in order to control my pulsing heart.

"Hey Lea! I'm parked outside of the gate come out when you're ready"

"Ok see you in a little bit! Bye!"

"Ok bye!"

I hang up the phone and see a sullen expression on Ace's face.

"Don't be upset Acey, I'm sure I'll be jealous when you talk about dinner" I express, patting his chest.

"But you never get jealous" he grumbles. I laugh loudly, my closing in response.

"That's true, but I will be excited to see all the conversations you guys have. See you later Acey!"

I grab my white tote bag before rushing out of the house.

The gates open and Max drives up next to me.

I hop into his vintage truck, the worn leather seats scratchy against my legs.

Ace's car in as smooth as silk. But I suppose not everyone has wealth like him.

"So where are we going?" I question him as we drive away from the mansion.

"The beach! Since it's a pretty nice day I thought it would be nice"

"Wow I've never been to the beach" I state with a smile.

"You've never been to the beach, how is that even possible?!-"

His phone rings interrupting him, with a swift motion he answers it.

"Hello sir-yes I've got her-yes it's working-mhm we're on the way-yes ok bye"

He looks at me for a split second before looking back at the road.

"Is everything ok Max?"

I don't have a good feeling about this.

"Yes, we're almost there"

I nod and quickly look behind me. There's no picnic basket or towels or anything except a-oh my goodness a gun!

My eyes widen and my breathes quicken.

What the hell is going on?

I then look out the window to see narrow roads, no sea in sight.

Ok I'm in big trouble.

"You tank is empty I think you should refill it, we're going to break down" I render, relieved to look at the red light flashing.

"Oh shit you're right. Luckily there's one right over here"

He swerves into a huge station and drives directly into a spot.

"I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back soon" he nods and we both get out.

I grab my purse and rush into the nearest bathroom and get a stall.

Searching for Ace's number in my contacts I press it and after only two rings he answers.

"Hi sweetheart how's it going? Are you safe? Where are you?-"

"Ok listen Ace, I don't have much time. I think Max is working for the bad guys and I need you to come and get me. We're in a old red truck with black leather seats, tinted windows and rusting wheels"

The line pauses as Max calls.

"Ace I've got to go, I'll see you later. Bye"

I hang up and answer Max.

"Hi Max I'm just drying my hands I'll see you there in two" I utrer scrunching up toilet paper in my hands.

"Ok see you then"

I hang up and with a deep breath walk out of the bathroom to see he has a bag of food, a smile at his lips.

"I got some food in case you get hungry"

"Oh I thought you brought picnic food" I answer, fake confused.

Actress mode has come to play.

Panic arises in his expression for a split second but, he quickly brushes it off and with a smile responds "Just for the car".

I nod and with a smile we walk back to his car in silence.

We buckle up and he hands me the bag whilst he drives away tapping his fingers against the stirring wheel.

I look in the bag to see Pepsi's and lollypops.

"Good snacks" I say sarcastically.

"Thanks I spent a long time looking for them" he retorts causing me to chuckle.

This is going to be one long ride.