Chapter 2

It was another night wake up call for the Manhattan Clan, as they all woke from their stone sleep.

One in particular stretched out his wings and arms, yawning. He couldn't describe how much he appreciated stone sleep after what he had been through.

For in the previous year, Brooklyn had been stolen from his clan by the notorious clone of his leader, Goliath. Brooklyn still remembered his terrible ordeal with him, though the red gargoyle tried to forget about it every day. One memory in particular was those terrible shackles Brooklyn was forced to wear, and never wanted to ever again.

Brooklyn's family had been most supportive of his recovery when they found him; and helped the red one overcome his mental fear of seeing hallucinations of Thailog in Goliath's place since Thailog was Goliath's clone.

He had no idea though that some of Thailog's men still had it out for him.

Brook jumped from the balcony, Lex grinning at him as they went inside to be assigned patrol duties for the night.

"You ready for another patrol, Brook?" Lex asked. Brooklyn nodded. "Yeah," he said, grinning back. They both went in together.

Goliath was waiting for them. "Here are your assigned patrols: Lexington, you're with Hudson. Angela's with me. Brooklyn, you get to do your route yourself tonight—."

His purple leader then knew that Brooklyn didn't want to be on his own since what happened last year. "Broadway, would you mind going with Brooklyn?" he asked. Broadway nodded. He would be there for his red brother, especially after what had happened to him the last time he went solo. And Brooklyn nodded to Goliath too in thanks, feeling grateful for the back up.

The clan then went on their separate ways before Elisa suddenly came up to Brooklyn before he and Broadway took off. She had a worried look in her eyes.

"What's up, Elisa?" he asked, noting her concerned face. Brook could already guess. She was worried for him again.

"Just-just don't get yourself in too much trouble, okay?" he smiled a bit.

"I'll be okay, Elisa. Broadway's with me. Nobody's gonna jump on me this time," he said confidently. Nodding, she then let him go. The two gargoyles took off into the night air together.

...

The men had found a new place outside the city where they would plan to take the red gargoyle once they found and captured him again. They had everything ready for him.

The men had been monitoring many a part in the city for signs of the gargoyles on their patrols that they did. Anytime they saw some, they would use special seeing in the dark goggles to see which ones they were. Most of the time, they were the ones that they weren't after. But tonight, in Midtown, on a rooftop, one of the men keeping lookout for gargoyles was using the goggles and looking through binoculars and he saw two gargoyles heading toward him and his group.

"Ah, bingo! Our target." the man sneered. He held up his communicator and spoke into it, "Target is sighted. Coming right for us, over."

"Gotcha." Another man replied. "Alright, men. Let's get ready to draw them in. These gargoyles are easily lured into traps by their weaknesses to save the weak ones on the streets."

The men began their plan to lure in the one they wanted...

...

Broadway and Brooklyn were patrolling quietly there in Midtown tonight. Everything seems to be quiet. If nothing happened soon, they would call it a night and go back to the castle to go do what they had planned for themselves. Brooklyn no doubt figured his brother had plans with his mate. But where did that leave him when they returned home?

Suddenly, there was a crash from a garbage can down below, and yelling.

"Wait, do you hear that?" Broadway asked.

"Yeah, I do. Let's go." Brooklyn said. The two of them went to go check out what was going on below where that crash had come from.

When they got to where the noise was taking place, they landed on a rooftop first. They could see below them that there was one man backed into a corner by a gang of eight that had bats and metal weapons in their hands and he was about to get a good whooping.

"Please! Stay away from me!" A man was screaming at them.

"You're in our territory, and all intruders must pay a price to come onto our turf." One of the jerks exclaimed.

"We can't let those crooks hurt that poor guy." Brooklyn said.

"Couldn't agree more." Broadway smiled.

The two of them flew down and landed behind the gang of men and went to help the 'petrified' man.

Broadway grabbed two of them up in his arms and threw them into a dumpster back in the alley. Brooklyn landed and growled at the men, his eyes aglow. He grabbed two of them as well and threw them into the wall as they had tried to attack him.

The men were all 'afraid' now. The rest took of out of the alley.

"That was too easy." Broadway declared.

"Yeah. These punks are almost too easy to stop anymore." Brooklyn said.

Broadway then turned to the man, who was still huddled back against the wall. He made sure his eyes went back to normal. "Are you alright, Sir? We scared off those ruffians for ya." he smiled.

"Oh, yeah, you did alright. Ha! Ha! Ha! But thanks for giving me exactly what I want!" the man exclaimed evilly and drew a gun from his sleeve. It was just a dart gun. He pulled the trigger and it struck Broadway in the chest.

The aqua gargoyle gasped and pulled the dart out, but he was getting dizzy and tired. He fell to his knees.

"Broadway!" Brooklyn yelled. He tried to go over to help his brother, but then, he too felt a dart strike his back. He cried out and he too fell to his knees.

Broadway collapsed onto his stomach, out cold from the drug. It didn't take long for Brooklyn to do the same.

The group of eight men returned and stood over the two gargoyles.

"We have our prize now." Carlos picked up the red gargoyle.

"What of the other one?"

"Leave him. We have what we need." Carlos replied sternly. He had deep revenge plotting on his mind.

Brooklyn was taken into the transport van and laid inside, with his wrists bound behind his back. They bound his ankles as well.

The humans left Broadway there to sleep off the drug, but when he came to, he looked around and saw the alley. He remembered fighting some men, and that the clan's Second had been with him. But Brooklyn was nowhere in sight.

"Uh oh. This is not good." Broadway stated. He had to get back to the castle at once. He used his com to call Goliath and the others back to the castle that something was wrong and that Brooklyn was missing. Who would do this to Brooklyn, and why?

Brooklyn could be known for his temper sometimes, but he still had a very pleasant personality. He had a strong character in that one day he would be a great new leader when the time came for him to take Goliath's place. And that's what he had also been picked on a year ago about as well during his kidnapping: being the clan's leader.