Chapter 7

Brooklyn was doing his best to rest after that terrible water test and shackle punishment, wishing his hands were uncuffed like last time. He was somewhat grateful though that they weren't held up anymore.

W- will they forget about me all over again? No... I- I can't keep having these thoughts. They still love me, I know they do! Brook thought quietly, imagining each face of his clan and family, feeling small pangs of homesickness.

Watson showed again at the door a short time later, much to Brooklyn's discouragement, a small frown on his beak at seeing that horrid remote. Watson smiled sickly, pushing the button, and he grunted from the shackle pressing down, hard. He cried out and clutched his stomach. He wished for Watson to stop, this was too much!

The human came closer after letting go of the button, cackling evilly so that it sent shivers up Brooklyn's spine. The gargoyle glowered right back at him, a hand still on his belly.

"I'm sure you've been enjoying some 'peaceful' relaxation, but it is time for another test with me, Freak," Watson announced. Brook pulled away.

"Get away! I won't do this anymore! One is enough!" hissed Brooklyn, following with the spikes poking him in response, and he yelped in agony.

Watson growled. "I've warned you..." he threatened, snapping his fingers. The two guards came, unhooking Brooklyn's chain and pulling him up. Brook struggled yet again, eyes glowing dangerously, trying to get loose to hurt Watson back for this. It hadn't been too long ago when he'd had the swimming test. This was too soon for another test.

The guards dragged Brooklyn along with Watson next to him into that examination room, where a familiar looking simulator lay in wait. Brooklyn gulped, shaking, trying to dig his talons into the floor to keep himself back, but it was no use.

"I will make sure you earn Thailog's mark, Devil. This is one of those tests to ensure that," Watson taunted him. Sweat came down Brook's face, shaking from this promise from Watson. He didn't want to wear Thailog's mark at all!

"Ah! No! Let me go! Stop!" He shouted, the guards placing him forcefully on the table, the cuffs automatically keeping a tight hold on his hands and feet again. Small tears fell down Brook's face, as the doctor readied the simulation, pulling out the pads to put on Brooklyn.

"Take his shackle off first," Watson ordered now that Brooklyn was tied down. The man nodded and Watson pressed the button and the shackle came undone. The man took it off of him. Beneath where the shackle had been were some wound holes from the spikes. It was all dried blood around them now.

Brooklyn let out a big sigh of air. It felt good to have it off, but it was short-lived. He eyed Watson, who had the pads in his hands. He still remembered those little pads too. "Don't do this, please!" he begged desperately. His breathing was fast.

Watson smiled smugly. He didn't say anything as he came forward with the pads and he began to put his hands on Brooklyn's belly. The pads were on the table first, and the doctor took a wet towel and he also began cleaning off Brook's belly first, then dried the skin, then Watson felt for the muscles in the gargoyle's belly, and he put a pad on each muscle as he felt it.

Brooklyn winced as the evil doctor was pressing on his belly each time before he put a pad onto his skin. His belly stung in some places from the wounds. The pads were put all over the front of his belly and on his sides. That really made Brooklyn squirm. "Get these things off of me!" he yelled, eyes still round and scared of what would come.

"This is going to be so great." Watson sneered.

The other man came forward and began to put the wires into the pads. After they were all attached, they were all hooked up to a machine. There was a controller for that too. The man then handed it to Watson. "Thank you. Now for the fun to begin." he gleamed.