Chapter 6

Ever since Brooklyn's second disappearance, Broadway had been feeling upset and guilty about losing him to those evil humans. Angela tried to comfort him and tell him that she didn't blame him. But it didn't help too much.

He was sitting on the couch, tears in his eyes, wishing that he could've done something to prevent his brother's kidnapping. And now, because of him, who knows what they were doing to Brooklyn now.

"Nobody can comfort me about this, Angela. It was my fault. I don't care if you don't think so; I am the one responsible for getting Brooklyn caught!" sobbed Broadway. Angela, this time, couldn't find words, just giving him a hug. Hudson came up to them.

"I don't blame ye either, Lad. It was those humans' fault for misleading the two of you into helping that 'innocent' man, who took him. And we will find Brooklyn and bring him home again, we promise," he said gently. Hudson himself felt sorrow for losing Brooklyn again, hoping those humans wouldn't break him again like Thailog did, but he didn't guarantee they would show mercy.

Goliath and Xanatos both spoke with Owen in another room, hoping Puck would help them again.

Owen turned into Puck, sighing a bit. "Seems your red Second was taken away from you again, huh? Alright, I'll try to find him 'again.'" he muttered, though deep down, he to was a bit worried about how those dratted humans would treat that beaked gargoyle from the story that Xanatos told him about how Thailog did it the previous year.

Perhaps this can be another lesson for Alex in his tracking magic! Puck then suddenly thought, grinning a bit. He usually looked forward to showing the young one new spells. And he was sure Alex would want to find Brooklyn again, too.

He went into the bedroom, where Alex was playing with his toys, Lex watching him. He looked a bit sad, but he felt glad to have somebody like Alex to keep his mind focused and not lose to depression.

Puck picked up the child, who had grown another year, and was a little heavy, but the trickster could still hold him well enough.

"Mind if I borrow Alex, Lexington?" he asked. Lex nodded, looking confused. "Uh yeah. Why?"

Puck smiled at Alex. "I have a new lesson for him. It will help you gargoyles find your lost one."

Lex's face looked full of hope. If Puck was successful with Alex, then perhaps they would be able to bring his brother back home safely!

...

Brooklyn had lost track of time while he had been imprisoned, looking up at the window, seeing that the sun was setting. He guessed it was 6:30, but that was just a guess. For the first time since he had gotten here, he felt his stomach growl in hunger.

He flinched from his shackle squeezing him again, holding his legs close to his body, tears of pain showing on his face, trembling.

Brook wondered what his family thought of him now being taken away again like a weakling when he was supposed to be a strong leader in the making. This wasn't what a Second should be known for! He gritted his teeth, closing his eyes in pain from the thought.

The door opened, and he saw Charlie with two huge muscled thugs show up. He gulped nervously, pulling his legs even closer to him and hiding his tail.

Charlie towered over him. "I'm sure you're ready for your first little test, eh?" he said mockingly. Brook shook his head. He didn't want to do this all over again!

"Uh, uh, wrong answer..." Charlie then pushed the button, and it pressed into the red one's belly, and he let out a small shriek from the pain.

"D-damn you!" he rasped hoarsely, as the huge thugs unhooked his cuffs, putting them behind his back and cuffing him again like before, taking him away. Charlie glared.