Chapter 13

Brooklyn wanted to get out of this evil prison so bad. He wanted to get away from these evil men. Seriously, he had never done anything to hurt them. He had only ever hurt those few because they had been under Thailog's orders previously. Why couldn't they just move on with their lives?

He leaned against the wall on his left side facing it. His arms were covering his belly and his knees were folded in front of him. His wings were still bound in ropes. Sunlight shone into the room. Brooklyn had wanted the sun to rise so badly to turn to stone, but now that he was back in his room in this spell-bound building, he couldn't, thus dashing his hopes of being healed of his injuries and fever.

He sobbed softly. Brook really felt like crap. His stomach hurt. His ankle hurt. His wings felt cramped from being bound like this. His tail hurt. He had burnt wrists, and a torn up belly under his shackle.

Suddenly, the door opened up, revealing Carlos. Brooklyn just cringed further against the wall. The man was pleased that this freak was afraid of him.

"After what you did last night, and when we caught your evil butt, you are going to be playing the role of our trophy tonight, Devil," Carlos explained evilly with a smirk.

"I'm not- a trophy-" Brooklyn choked out.

"Oh, but you are. Quite a prize to be torn apart!" Carlos left laughing maniacally.

What more do they want from me? I just want to go home. I just have a feeling they are going to kill me before that chance comes. Brooklyn thought dreadfully. His heart thumped fearfully in his chest. He held his arms as he felt so shaky and nervous. He didn't want to find out what they had planned anytime too soon.

.....

Watson and his comrades were planning their revenge on their prize as it was nearing sunset. Even though the gargoyle wasn't able to turn to stone inside their building, Watson just felt it better to be nightfall so it would be more of the gargoyle's element. He knew his men definitely had big plans to take out on him to teach him their lessons.

All the tools were ready, and so was the gurney that would soon hold down the red gargoyle. Watson also wanted to know how strong Brook reacted to the stress of what was happening to him. He had a plan for that too.

....

Brooklyn had tried to get some sleep, but he was still deeply troubled about being treated as a trophy. He hated being called a trophy. He watched the door warily. He then looked up at the window. He stood up, trying to get some air from the crack in the window.

He tried taking a step toward the window. But his chain stopped him from getting too close. He also felt the pain in his ankle. He winced. Brook had no choice but to get the weight off his foot. He let it stretch out from him. It really needed to be bandaged and iced. His tail needed to be bandaged too, but at least he didn't have to walk on his tail.

After the sun went down, Brooklyn could feel a little breeze coming into the room, but he couldn't enjoy it for long.

Brooklyn was still sitting in the middle of the floor when the door opened up again.

"Time for your punishment, Demon!" Charlie snarled at him.

Brooklyn instantly recoiled. "No! Stay away from me!" He tried so hard to push away from the humans, but the two big guards came up and rushed him, quickly getting a hold of his arms.

Brook cried out as he was pulled to his feet, and a big jolt of pain shot through his ankle. He held it up for a moment while the shackle was unlocked from the chain. His arms were once again, forced behind his back. He just didn't have much strength left to resist them.